PDA

View Full Version : made hand put to test

stokken
11-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Opponent is good, doesnt like his pots lost and will fight for them, alot of the battles comes down to wether you want to believe the strenght he represents or not.

55r stars

My stack 19K, his 24K

We are hu on flopp

Opponent brings in a raise of 4xbb( 300/600 ante 50) from mp, folded to me

I call in bb with KQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

flopp comes T /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check ( anyone raising this pf, semigood hand out of position, my reasoning is as follows if I get a piece of the flopp I will most likely be charged 2/3 to pot on each street if I want to follow and If I raise on any street I better have the best hand as he is not going to be messed with, so a raise pf might get him to fold or at least gain initiative, or he will move inn large if not all. Anyone fold this pf?)

I check the flopp. Mistake? would you lead this flopp into a pf raiser. In other words do you want to await his action? Is your goal to get all the chips in here?

He bets out 3000, I call. Would you raise? Does the size of the bet give you any clues to his strenght you think?

Now here is the interesting part

Turn T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hu do you bet, c/r or c/c?

I donkbet 5K, he moves all in

If you where to asses this more then mathematically, what type of player would you find this call though against? If any?

If the flopp had more high cards, suits as above what would differ in your line on the hand?

11-11-2005, 01:28 PM
more times than not, the scary board is the time players use to pull off a bold bluff. you've already said he doesn't like his pots to be lost. this is an easy call. if he has the Ax suited, more power to him.

rbear
11-11-2005, 01:33 PM
i never fold this, ever. But, make sure you cry when he flips over the nuts, if and only if you're on tv.

11-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I never ever ever ever fold. Never ever. Ever.

EDIT: Why call the flop if you're gonna fold when you hit your draw?

stokken
11-11-2005, 02:12 PM
To have me fold this one he would have to show me the nuts prior to his bet if anyone read that as my question, but there are many ways to go about each street, opinions? Also I included a few other questions, replies?

woodguy
11-11-2005, 02:31 PM
You could lead out on the flop in order to 3bet all in, 2 overcards and the 2nd nut flush draw is a strong hand here.

If he just calls your flop bet and the turn bricks, you probably have to let it go though.

Good lead on the turn, as a lot of players check to "hide" the fact that they made the flush.

If I'm villian with an overpair/trips I'm pushing the turn to keep you from seeing the 4th heart on the river (unless I have A /images/graemlins/heart.gif)

I turbocall, if he wins, nh.

Regards,
Woodguy