PDA

View Full Version : Turn semi bluff

11-11-2005, 12:16 PM
No one has showed interest in the hand, I have a ton of outs, and may be best with ace high.

In the heat of the battle I bet, but I am thinking maybe it would have been better to check? No one folds a pair here I think.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.05.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

Nikademus
11-11-2005, 12:22 PM
You caught a straight and flush draw. Leading here is fine. Call one raise, and see what happens.

aargh57
11-11-2005, 12:23 PM
I don't think this is bad at all. You've got about 22%(maybe more I'm basing this on about 11 outs) equity in the pot so if you get 4 callers you're betting for value plus you may get someone with a better A than your's to fold which could buy you some outs. I don't think there's any chance that you're ahead with this many players though.

11-11-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You caught a straight and flush draw. Leading here is fine. Call one raise, and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you implying I should fold to two raises? This is clearly absurd, so what do you mean by "call one raise?"

Nikademus
11-11-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you implying I should fold to two raises? This is clearly absurd, so what do you mean by "call one raise?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying if someone raises behind you, call it. If it's raised and re-raised behind you, I'd need more info on the players, position, table environment etc. to make a call.

Vote4Pedro
11-11-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying if someone raises behind you, call it. If it's raised and re-raised behind you, I'd need more info on the players, position, table environment etc. to make a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nut frush draw+gutty...folding for 2bets would be bad

ps...Nik, where did you get your name?

11-11-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the nut flush draw, an over card, and a gutshot. You will never fold this on an unpaired board in a limit hold'em game.

Nikademus
11-11-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nut frush draw+gutty...folding for 2bets would be bad

ps...Nik, where did you get your name?

[/ QUOTE ]
Guess I've been burned too much lately on good drawing hands that don't pan out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Just curious, what would you put an unknown player on who 3 bet that turn?

It's a mutation of Nicodaemus, the rat from NIMH (and biblical reference). I've used it for years in online MMORPGS, and it's just become my internet nick.

aargh57
11-11-2005, 12:45 PM
You could put him on a lot of hands even as low as a pair of K's depending on the action and who did the betting (although 2 pair or trips would be much more likely). Even if you knew for a fact that he had trips you'd still be drawing to 7 outs which would be good enough odds here if you included implied odds.

milesdyson
11-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Are these four assumptions reasonable?

1. this bet will win the pot close to 0% of the time
2. you have the best hand close to 0% of the time
3. someone will raise this bet some % of the time
4. if you checked, the turn would be checked through some % of the time.

aargh57
11-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I actually think #4 would be pretty close to 0% of the time also. Wouldn't you agree?

milesdyson
11-11-2005, 01:03 PM
i think that number is ~15%

11-11-2005, 01:48 PM
easy valuebet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif