PDA

View Full Version : ($27 stars turbo) Making a call against a 2+2er

bawcerelli
11-11-2005, 10:19 AM
villian here is definitely 2+2, as he said hi bawcerelli at the start of the tourney. with that info can i make this call? i never do against an average player, but i thought he might be making a move here. what do you think? i was under the pressure of another tough bubble (which he was a part of too BTW) so i didn't think this one out much.

Hold'em No Limit - Level X (400/800) - 2005/11/11 - 09:01:03 (ET)
Table '14966103 1' Seat #7 is the button
Seat 7: villain (8590 in chips)
Seat 8: gentleman55 (4910 in chips)
villain: posts the ante 50
gentleman55: posts the ante 50
villain: posts small blind 400
gentleman55: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to gentleman55 [8d Kc]
villain: raises 7740 to 8540 and is all-in
gentleman55: calls 4060 and is all-in
gentleman55 said, "arg"
*** FLOP *** [5d Ah 8h]
villain said, "hold please?"
gentleman55 said, "gh gg"
*** TURN *** [5d Ah 8h] [9h]
*** RIVER *** [5d Ah 8h 9h] [2d]

11-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Probably borderline, depends on how much you think he's raising I guess. If this is the worst hand you'll call with, he should be raising more than enough to make calling with this profitable. OTOH, if his calling range is too tight, you're probably better off pushing a wider range yourself and waiting to call with a better hand.

I'd say the minimum range you can safely put him on would make this roughly a break-even call (or at least not a terribly -$EV one), so if he's pushing with junk some decent % of the time, it's probably +$EV overall. I'd probably want to have seen him pushing a lot previously to decide he was loose enough to call this, though.

How's that for definitive?

bluefeet
11-11-2005, 11:23 AM
You have 6bb's - he's pushing plenty of hands that are behind your K8o. I think this call is reasonable given your stack.

durron597
11-11-2005, 11:24 AM
I beat his chips into the pot

11-11-2005, 11:27 AM
I was the villian in this hand.

Your call was perfectly fine. I was pushing a very large range, and it sucked that you ran into a bigger hand. But don't start folding here because of this.

BTW, I call with this every time, even against an unknown villian.

pooh74
11-11-2005, 01:03 PM
cmon gent, I would call there everytime. Think of it this way...what would you do playing with yourself? That came out wrong...but you know what I mean.

To make it even more clear, Ill offer you some other wisdom:

Call there because bad guy does not have the gOOt hand most times.

bigt439
11-11-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I beat his chips into the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless they're really bad HU, I think I beat alot of players into the pot.

bawcerelli
11-11-2005, 09:15 PM
i'm really surprised how many of you think this is an easy call. even against a 2+2er i thought i was likely behind. but combined with the possibility he's making a move plus the large size of the blinds, i made a call (after using 29 of my 30 second time bank) and i wasn't very happy as i did it. against a regular opponent i fold this pretty easily. I like being the one to push. so do you guys call this against a non 2+2er? some of you said yes, just wondering if all of you would. btw, gg fen.

pineapple888
11-11-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm really surprised how many of you think this is an easy call. even against a 2+2er i thought i was likely behind. but combined with the possibility he's making a move plus the large size of the blinds, i made a call (after using 29 of my 30 second time bank) and i wasn't very happy as i did it. against a regular opponent i fold this pretty easily. I like being the one to push. so do you guys call this against a non 2+2er? some of you said yes, just wondering if all of you would. btw, gg fen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Super-easy call. With the blinds that high, he should be pushing over 50% of his hands.