PDA

View Full Version : Do I call with AKo

adrockuk
11-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Firstly this is my first posting of a hand but I've been absorbing advice on this forum for a while, thanks to all the regular posters.

6 seater $20+2

Button (hero) (1600)
SB (950)
BB (450)
UTG (3000)

Blinds 150/300

Reads UTG seemed a solid player although quite tight so far. My table image may be suspect having built my stack back up through bluff and bluster the last few rounds.

Dealt to Hero AKo

UTG ALL IN
Hero ??

If UTG had been playing normal or loose this would be an auto call for me but with his quite tight image and the blinds on smallish stacks i'm not too sure.

All advice appreciated.

splashpot
11-11-2005, 08:00 AM
Clear fold.

tigerite
11-11-2005, 08:07 AM
This isn't even remotely difficult. If you had QQ, or even KK, there might be a discussion here.

Fold.

[ QUOTE ]
If UTG had been playing normal or loose this would be an auto call for me but with his quite tight image and the blinds on smallish stacks i'm not too sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's a fold regardless. Are you the wally who called me with TT on the bubble the other day when I had you covered by almost 3k, with a guy on 200 chips, at 200/400 blinds, and the 200 chips guy wasn't even at the table, but on post and fold? And another (definite 2+2er) on the table on around 1k? If so.. then call and keep giving everyone else your $EV.

bennies
11-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Does this tourney pay 2 or 3 people? Well, it doesn't matter hahaha! Fold regardless /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

HesseJam
11-11-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't even remotely difficult. If you had QQ, or even KK, there might be a discussion here.

Fold.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's a fold regardless. Are you the wally who called me with TT on the bubble the other day when I had you covered by almost 3k, with a guy on 200 chips, at 200/400 blinds, and the 200 chips guy wasn't even at the table, but on post and fold? And another (definite 2+2er) on the table on around 1k? If so.. then call and keep giving everyone else your $EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could well have been me. Two days ago I pushed in a scenario like that. In the beginning, at the bubble I had about 400 chips and the disconnected player (unfortunately he sat to my right) had about 3000. I rebuilt my stack to about 1800 while the disconnected went down orbit for orbit.

Then, the disconnected player was in BB, I did not know how much he exactly had left because on Stars you can't see it, you have to calculate it. I got greedy with TT and wanted to snap his 400. As soon as the big stack called I said to myself "sh1t!" and he showed AA. The disconnected got blinded out in the next hand being the SB.

I just shook my head. Oh, and the discussion between the remaining two players about my boneheadedness was also nice.

tigerite
11-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Nah, the tourney was on Party. And I had crap, and he won. 8 3 sooted or something.

SonnyJay
11-11-2005, 10:23 AM
You have to fold this regardless of his image. Remember, you've gotta play situations, and the cards in your hand are only one part of the situation. This SNG has 4 left and one person with 1.5xBB. The big stack should be pushing pretty much any 2 here, and likewise you should be folding close to any 2 here. And whether 3 or 2 spots pay out, you still have to fold. Not worth challenging him with the short stack in the picture.

-SonnyJay

bawcerelli
11-11-2005, 10:28 AM
this is a really easy fold.

11-11-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then, the disconnected player was in BB, I did not know how much he exactly had left because on Stars you can't see it, you have to calculate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be misunderstanding this, but when you mouse over the player's name on Stars, one of the bits of info you get is the stack size.

Uppercut
11-11-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then, the disconnected player was in BB, I did not know how much he exactly had left because on Stars you can't see it, you have to calculate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be misunderstanding this, but when you mouse over the player's name on Stars, one of the bits of info you get is the stack size.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. There is no need to have to guess at the sitting out opponent's stack size.

HesseJam
11-11-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thanks! You know what I did when the bubble started? I checked the hand history. But I lost track after a couple of orbits. If i had just known this before...