PDA

View Full Version : Alternate database for datamining

Spicymoose
11-11-2005, 07:51 AM
I recently decided to put all my datamining to a seperate Poker Tracker database, but right now it is a pain to manage. Currently I have it set up so that on my normal database I do no importing of observed hands. If I want to import the observed hands, I have to open the datamining database, click auto import and choose it for the datamining database, and then import.

I tried just keeping the datamining database closed, as there is an option when importing to choose which database the hands go to for observed hands, but that didn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Tk79
11-11-2005, 08:19 AM
I only have one database open at a time. I just send my observed hands to my mined database. There is an option for this when you open the auto importer for party. Click on the observed hands tab and the first thing in there is "what database should the hands be imported in to?". Just hit the grey box on the right of this and select your mined database. Pretty simple

Spicymoose
11-11-2005, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I only have one database open at a time. I just send my observed hands to my mined database. There is an option for this when you open the auto importer for party. Click on the observed hands tab and the first thing in there is "what database should the hands be imported in to?". Just hit the grey box on the right of this and select your mined database. Pretty simple

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried this, but it didn't seem to work.

Edit: tried again and it works, never mind.

obsidian
11-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Was about to say the same thing. Also, I separate my mined DB's by limits too.

Dazarath
11-11-2005, 12:28 PM
My guess is one of two things are happening:
1) You didn't point the DB to the correct folder to get the observed hand histories (most like likely C:\Program Files\Party Poker)
2) You're using PartyMine, in which case the files saved are not observed hand history files, because they're .txt. So you have to open up your 2nd DB everytime.