PDA

View Full Version : K9o vs hangtwang (Stars 1/2)

Enon
11-11-2005, 06:55 AM
I rarely play the stars 1/2 and when I do its only cause I'm looking to gamble a bit before doing something else or because I'm not interested in multitabling lower games. Just saying this cause I'm a new face to most of these guys. So far the few hands I've played have been winners and I've played them aggressively.

My read on hangtwang is just forming but I've been told hes a reasonable player but after only 20 hands at table my read isn't so clear. My only hand vs him so far was when i opened 44 in Co and he 3 bet a TT64 turn with KK against me.

6 handed.

I raise in Co with K9o twang defends BB

Flop is 985 all clubs and i have no club

He bets, I raise, he 3 bets I call.

Turn is 3 clubs putting 4 flush out there and he bets. Best line?

phish
11-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Raise and fold to a three-bet. Also fold if he donk bets the river.

DeeJ
11-11-2005, 07:15 AM
i'd say way ahead / way behind. How likely is he to fold to a turn raise if he has 8/9 but no club? and you would have to fold to a 3-bet. The river is unlikely to change your perception of the hand, so it's a call down or fold decision. Does he have the flush (or A9 or >= Tens) often enough? I don't know /images/graemlins/grin.gif I guess calling down is reasonable to see what he is willing to 3-bet a monotone flush with. From his point of view you are relatively unlikely to have a 9, but you may easily have a high club ... tough spot so I'd go for the 'cheap' showdown.

TStoneMBD
11-11-2005, 07:34 AM
i think youre required to raise and fold to a 3bet. if youre ahead of villain you are unlikely to get a bet out of him on the river as he is likely to check. raising will let him fold a hand with outs and it generates value when he folds those times you would have split when the 5th flush hits the river.

11-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Am i the only one that would think a raise on this turn would smell very fishy from a good thinking opponent at this level? I expect a high club too call and bet/raise a rivercard. As his opponent i might consider 3-betting the turn with a non-club hand against a good player who raises the 4-flush.

TheWorstPlayer
11-11-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As his opponent i might consider 3-betting the turn with a non-club hand against a good player who raises the 4-flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is true, then a raise with a big club would be pretty expert, now wouldn't it?