PDA

View Full Version : Two hands...

istewart
11-11-2005, 06:29 AM
Might be a bit interesting, might not.

Hand #1

5-handed $1/2.

Unknown CO posts a blind. SB, who's been playing aggressively lately but can tone it down (running 44/20 4-handed), completes. I check J /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB checks and I bet.

Hand #2

6-handed. Folded to me in the CO and I raise A /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Overly loose and aggressive button cold-calls. We've been quarrelling a lot but he's just been calling/folding the last few hands, so he could be antsy. Horribly loose player in the BB calls.

Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB checks, I bet, button calls, BB folds.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Plan?

bottomset
11-11-2005, 06:42 AM
hand1: um I normally pass here .. not sure it picks it up 1/3, and you have nothing going for you if called

hand2: he could easily still just have bad overcards that your are ahead of, I bet/fold the turn

PokerSparky
11-11-2005, 06:51 AM
Hand 1: The problem here is that the board offers some draws (it helps that you have a jack) and you may have to put in multiple bets to try and take this down. Are you going to fire on the turn as well? I would like it better if the flop were Q44 rainbow or something similar.

Hand 2: I bet the turn here. Probably the last $ I put in.

11-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Heads up I really prefer check calling twice on the last hand if you want to fight for this pot. He is going to be bluffing a ton here.

The first hand is ok. The board is paired, meaning he probably doesn't have a pair, and it's unlikely he's got A high or anything showdownable, but I still wouldn't do it, becuase you are in a really tough spot if called.

IPSC
11-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Hand 1:

I like this if this if it is the last bet you're putting in unless you improve. The only thing that makes me hesitant is the board is draw heavy, which is offset by holding the J and /images/graemlins/club.gif. Also, your not acting first or last in this hand with your flop bet so I think that will influence CO and SB to fold more often as well.

Hand 2:

Turn I check/call. And river I check/call as well. I want him to bet with worse hands and not give him the opportunity to either raise when we are beat, or worse yet bluff raise us on the turn and get us to fold the best hand.

If it gets checked through on the turn I'm leading the river. I doubt he would bluff raise if you did this since he would be fearing that you slowplayed trips.