PDA

View Full Version : Isolation checkraise

11-11-2005, 04:21 AM
CO is 40/1.6/1.5 over 120 hands. basically a call station from what i had seen so far at the table I was at with him. calls almost any bet on the flop.

Button is 25/9/2.1 over 600 hands. Button is really agressive and will bet to the river with ace high. I had been isolating him with 3-bets preflop all night long.

2/4

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, 3 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button raises, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 handed)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Button bets, Hero raises, UTG folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.0 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 handed)
Hero bets, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (10.0 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 handed)
Hero bets, Button calls.

Final pot: (12.00 BB)

My play seemed a bit donkish to me in this hand so I just wanted to get some feedback. Comments anyone?

irishpint
11-11-2005, 04:35 AM
i think i c/c the river. i want him betting an ace/any 2 thinking we are on a busted draw.

11-11-2005, 04:49 AM
I really like c/c now that I think about it more considering the Button's aggressiveness. I definitely have to start doing that more in situations like this.

PokerSparky
11-11-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Button is 25/9/2.1 over 600 hands. Button is really agressive and will bet to the river with ace high. I had been isolating him with 3-bets preflop all night long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button is a little loose, but doesn't appear to be overly aggressive. This isn't the kind of player I would like to be isolating with 3 bets IMO.

The flop is probably raise or fold. You can probably get an 8 to fold here, but the board is decently coordinated so a lot of draws will call here. I think Reverse implied odds are high here, and I would probably just throw this away on the flop, but if you are going to continue, a raise is better.

Edit: The way it was played I like a c/c on the river as well.

11-11-2005, 09:01 AM
I think it looks allright.

11-11-2005, 09:04 AM
grunch...

fold flop? but its debatable, not too much difference in ev

and check/call river

imported_The Vibesman
11-11-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think i c/c the river. i want him betting an ace/any 2 thinking we are on a busted draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. There aren't a ton of worse hands calling here.

RED_RAIN
11-11-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold flop? but its debatable

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer a fold. I don't think you win this hand enough or get hands to fold. Muchless you could get played back at with worse hands that you are OOP.

11-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Well played...you probably bought yourself some outs with the check raise, but I would check call the river it's not getting him off a hand that's beating you and he'll probably fold any hand that's not beating you so the bet seems negligible (however...good read and good hand)

11-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Fold the flop.

It's an unraised pot. This is the perfect flop to hit numerous villians. Your checkraise is dubious even if you do get everyone else to fold (highly unlikley). Villian has been calling down\betting\raising to the river with A - high, he's still going to suck out on you heaps. That's if he doesn't have you beat already.

Checkraising this guy is definitely a good move a lot of the time. IMO This flop is not one of those time.

Checkraise when the board isn't drawlicious.

RED_RAIN
11-11-2005, 05:34 PM
I pick an isolate raise here with Ts with T of spades.

11-11-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Button is a little loose, but doesn't appear to be overly aggressive. This isn't the kind of player I would like to be isolating with 3 bets IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with this. I'm more inclined to 3-bet pf isolate the 75/30/3-type of players. That's much more loose aggressive. 25/9/2.1 doesn't seem to merrit isolation tactics.

Of course, stats are just stats are reads come into play whether or not you should occasionally do this. Sometimes you'll see players that like to raise with QTs EP.

A good player will occasionally bluff on the river w/ Ace high. Just because you don't, doesn't make him a LAG necessarily.