PDA

View Full Version : marks movie reviews

Ray Zee
06-21-2003, 07:20 PM
when the heck is this guy that reviews a million movies and doesnt know good pizza gonna review something that i can get in my neck of the woods. i havent found a video store that carries anything he watches. whats with my backward area.

sitting here twitty with anticipation.

John Cole
06-22-2003, 11:18 AM
Ray,

Whenever Mark reviews a movie, ask the clerk at the video store if the movie is available. Make sure to tell the clerk you've been absolutely atwitter to get your hands on it. You might mention that you're thinking of cancelling Tarkovsky night at the lodge unless something is done to remedy the situation.

John

Ray Zee
06-22-2003, 02:23 PM
yea right john, here in montana if i told anyone i was a twitter they would punch my lights out. even the girl behind the desk. this aint no liberal state im in.

Mark Heide
06-22-2003, 04:03 PM
Ray,

When you live in those remote corners of the world, it's suprising that they even have a video rental store. I'm still surprized you have an internet connection.

Just make a list of all the movies me, John, and Cyrus talk about. Next time you go to California for a poker trip visit one of those independent theaters. If you ever come to Chicago I'll take you to the Music Box Theater (close by Wrigley Field). The Music Box shows all these films you have never heard of. There is also a good pizza joint nearby.

But, if you insist on staying in the woods, you're going to have to rent from an online source or buy some of these movies. The best places on the internet to buy DVDs of the movies I watch are DVDplanet.com or Overstock.com.

Good Luck

Mark

Mark Heide
06-22-2003, 04:12 PM
John,

I can supply the Tarkovsky, but someone needs to provide the food. I'd be willing to go to Ray's lodge if he could catch some fish and prepare them for dinner.

Mark

scalf
06-22-2003, 04:30 PM
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif mooses i have known...

ewes: time to get a new one?

/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif a frame outhouses; a clue toward understanding the incas

/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif machine guns:love objects or necessitties /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Ray Zee
06-22-2003, 06:22 PM
"The Music Box shows all these films you have never heard of. There is also a good pizza joint nearby"

so mark the music box is near new your city.

you did say rental store-- you have to bring them back huh

sorry mark again, this year with my new place and my garden coming in, i am not going to michigan this year with no chance of chicken in the car and the car wont go.

Mark Heide
06-22-2003, 07:50 PM
Ray,

I used to live two miles away from the Music Box before I moved out of the city. Still, I occasionally go there, but it's now a 40 minute drive. Here's a link with information about it:

http://www.musicboxtheatre.com/index.html

About a block away from the Music Box is Dagostino Pizzeria which has a good thin crust pizza. I know you are used to frozen pizza, so you may be shocked at how good it tastes.

I'm willing to wager that John Cole will be visiting Chicago before you do. With all that money you have why don't you just buy a new car? Don't they have car dealers in Montana?

With all the money you have you should be able to easily buy any of these films. Then you could have your own collection of films with something worth watching.

Mark

Ray Zee
06-22-2003, 09:18 PM
i did get a new car last year. its a nice one at that. a 1971 t- bird.

yes they have car dealers under every rock.

Phat Mack
06-22-2003, 11:23 PM
They'll mail DVD's to you, no late fees, and they have a free trial offer. How close are you to a mail route?

http://www.netflix.com/Default

Ray Zee
06-23-2003, 12:47 AM
in reality i have every modern convience in the world. they are even talking about givin the youngins around here schoolin.