PDA

View Full Version : Another 6max 600NL

lehighguy
11-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Opponent is extreme lag raises preflop alot
I know I made a flop mistake by not raising more, but im interested in turn comments.

Hero has 66 in the BB
UTG limps, hero limps, BB raises to $30 (5xBB), UTG calls, hero calls.

Flop: 9h, 6d, 2h
BB bets $24, UTG folds, hero raises to $100 (yes I know its too small), BB calls.

Turn: 4h
check, hero bets $350, villian goes all-in, hero calls $450

Am I crazy for staying here against really aggressive lag. He has Ah3h.

The Don
11-11-2005, 03:48 AM
I don't think that there is anything you can really do here. I would play it exactly the same vs. the player you described.

technologic
11-11-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Opponent is extreme lag raises preflop alot
I know I made a flop mistake by not raising more, but im interested in turn comments.

Hero has 66 in the BB
UTG limps, hero limps, BB raises to $30 (5xBB), UTG calls, hero calls.

Flop: 9h, 6d, 2h
BB bets $24, UTG folds, hero raises to $100 (yes I know its too small), BB calls.

Turn: 4h
check, hero bets $350, villian goes all-in, hero calls $450

Am I crazy for staying here against really aggressive lag. He has Ah3h.

[/ QUOTE ]

although villain is lag, that doesn't necessarily mean he's a calling station. i'm not so sure why you overbet the pot here, you make yourself committed to call his check raise.

given this board, i would probably check the turn and pop off a river. this gives him an opportunity to show his LAG tendancies on the river and fire into you when you show "weakness". it also gives you an opportunity to catch up if he indeed does have the flush, and to keep the pot small enough to call a reasonable bet on the river.

lehighguy
11-11-2005, 05:28 AM
I wanted to prevent him from getting a free card and outdrawing me. There was a good chance he had an overpair, and I didn't want him drawing a free heart.

technologic
11-11-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to prevent him from getting a free card and outdrawing me. There was a good chance he had an overpair, and I didn't want him drawing a free heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think a lag with an overpair underbets and then calls that flop. anyway, you bet 200 instead of 350 into the pot of 260, he moves in for 600 more, it's an easy fold, no?

lehighguy
11-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Maybe. He was laggy enough I considered calling regardless of his action. Perhaps that was the wrong stance.

Your point about the overpair was well taken.