PDA

View Full Version : I hate when I have to do this...

lil feller
11-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.66 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (13.33 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

River: (16.33 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 19.33 BB

MP1 is 17/10/2.0
This a standard fold, or weak/tight from running horribly syndrome?

lf

Enon
11-11-2005, 12:10 AM
I really hate the flop cap. Waiting for the turn to raise allows you to face the field with 2 more when MP1 bets the turn again. If the field clears out or if you get a caller behind you, if he 3 bets the turn I think you can safely lay down in this big pot.

As it played out, I really dislike your turn fold cause he could easily still be pushing KQ, QJ or QT. Raise that turn and make the big laydown if he 3 bets.

*Do people think chance he has 67s make it right to call turn hoping to improve and then fold river?

lil feller
11-11-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really hate the flop cap. Waiting for the turn to raise allows you to face the field with 2 more when MP1 bets the turn again. If the field clears out or if you get a caller behind you, if he 3 bets the turn I think you can safely lay down in this big pot.

As it played out, I really dislike your turn fold cause he could easily still be pushing KQ, QJ or QT. Raise that turn and make the big laydown if he 3 bets.

*Do people think chance he has 67s make it right to call turn hoping to improve and then fold river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I capped the flop feeling confident that he couldn't bet anything less then a set into me on the turn, am I giving him too much credit?

I have two questions.

1. For a player with his numbers, how likely are any of the Qx holdlings im beating. He is in EP, after all. I figured he would've have raised PF w/ AQ or KQ, and likely would fold QJ.

2. If you raise the turn, whats your river plan if he bets, or if he checks.

Thanks,

lf

roy_miami
11-11-2005, 12:25 AM
If he has anything that beats you i don't know why he wouldn't checkraise the turn after you cap the flop. I wouldn't fold just yet, not sure if i would raise or just call though.

Paluka
11-11-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm pretty close to 17/10/2 and if I'm MP1 i almost always have a set here. But I'd probably checkraise you.

NLfool
11-11-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty close to 17/10/2 and if I'm MP1 i almost always have a set here. But I'd probably checkraise you.

[/ QUOTE ]

true but if you have a set, having hero raise the turn making the BB, and Button (with 89, or 45 or any OESD) facing 2 big bets is good here. You don't mind a fold but if they call it's ok and you can make it 3 bets.

Pog0
11-11-2005, 02:10 AM
I think this is generally a safe fold. Villian isn't really thinking at all if he has KQ or worse and you'll have to make note of that.

I see a set or at least 2 pair here almost all the time. Don't know why he didn't c/r you though, maybe your numbers were passive.