PDA

View Full Version : Best 'Trading Spouses' episode ever

Jman28
11-10-2005, 11:45 PM
I apologize if there was a thread on this already. I assumed there would be, but when I didn't see one, I figure I'd take it upon myself.

Yesterday night was one of the best ever moments in TV. If you missed it, here's a small preview (http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=13464) , but you need to track down the whole show and watch it. The rest of the show makes her craziness even better because of how little justification she has for it.

mostsmooth
11-10-2005, 11:46 PM
i rebuke this thread!!

Los Feliz Slim
11-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Oh my God, in the name of Jesus the Lord I cannot believe I forgot to Tivo this. Someone please cast the taint of Satan out of my soul and tell me where to download this. Praise Jesus!

SomethingClever
11-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Tell me more. I don't have cable. The clip looked promising.

Jman28
11-10-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh my God, in the name of Jesus the Lord I cannot believe I forgot to Tivo this. Someone please cast the taint of Satan out of my soul and tell me where to download this. Praise Jesus!

[/ QUOTE ]
If someone tracks down the whole episode, I will love them forever.

tonypaladino
11-10-2005, 11:56 PM
My family got pulled aside by ABC people in Disney World to see if we wanted to audition for their version of the show. We declined.

Sponger15SB
11-10-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My family got pulled aside by ABC people in Disney World to see if we wanted to audition for their version of the show. We declined.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to be mentally disturbed to go on 99% of reality shows. Glad you declined.

shant
11-10-2005, 11:58 PM
For those of you with BT:

http://www.torrentspy.com/directory.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=460405&query= trading+spouses

11-10-2005, 11:59 PM
"THey don't believe in Jesus! THey dont't believe in GOD!" AAAUUUGHHGHAUGU!

swede123
11-11-2005, 12:03 AM
My favorite was when she started hacking and coughing because of the "bad spirit" in the pagan's house. What a nut.

Swede

astroglide
11-11-2005, 12:12 AM
in jesus name i pray

irishpint
11-11-2005, 12:36 AM
I AM A WARRIOR OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

BCPVP
11-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Oh my! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif What did she rip up, her check for doing the show? I couldn't sit through a half-hour of that. Blood would probably start oozing from my ears.

Jman28
11-11-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

http://www.torrentspy.com/directory.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=460405&query= trading+spouses

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif you.

11-11-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh my! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif What did she rip up, her check for doing the show? I couldn't sit through a half-hour of that. Blood would probably start oozing from my ears.

[/ QUOTE ]

She said she was going to rip it up but at the end of the show it said she kept it.

istewart
11-11-2005, 03:12 AM
LOL

samjjones
11-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Wait a minute...somebody is married to THAT?

nicky g
11-11-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm scared.

SL__72
11-11-2005, 11:14 AM
That show was awesome! The scariest part is that she SOMEHOW has 2 children... ewww.

Somehow her kids seemed somewhat normal though.

Slow Play Ray
11-11-2005, 11:15 AM
I can't believe I forgot to watch this, I was looking forward to it all week. I will have to get the torrent when I get home from work.

mostsmooth
11-11-2005, 12:30 PM
(paraphrasing)
nut: THEYRE NOT CHRISTIANS!! THEY DONT BELIEVE IN GOD!!!!
poor husband:"maybe theyre jewish, you dont have to be christian to believe in god"
nut:"THEYRE NOT CHRISTIANS!! THEY DONT GO TO CHURCH!!!"

trotski
11-11-2005, 12:33 PM
I have this episode Tivo'd, I cannot wait to get home and watch it.

Los Feliz Slim
11-11-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slight hijack: I've never dealt with this torrent business, but obviously this situation required action. So I downloaded Rufus from that link and am now downloading the torrent. Rufus says it's going to take 6.7 days to download. Is this normal? I could be dead by then.

11-11-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slight hijack: I've never dealt with this torrent business, but obviously this situation required action. So I downloaded Rufus from that link and am now downloading the torrent. Rufus says it's going to take 6.7 days to download. Is this normal? I could be dead by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

It speeds up after it gets going for awhile. Normal, well distributed, tv shows, take about an hour or two, maybe 3 on my connection (1.5 cable)

diebitter
11-11-2005, 02:13 PM
all you clever techie guys, can you point me to a site where I can get the office? (american one)?

Torrentspy is blank on this.

edtost
11-11-2005, 02:29 PM
isohunt almost never fails me.

MaxPower
11-11-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That show was awesome! The scariest part is that she SOMEHOW has 2 children... ewww.

Somehow her kids seemed somewhat normal though.

[/ QUOTE ]

She had 3 kids and you could tell that her two older girls and her husband thought she was insane. The little girl was just confused. Maybe they were hoping this experience would change her.

That was a really evil women, she even yelled at the cab driver who hadn't done anything to deserve her scorn.

I really feel bad for those people. I've seen some crazy women on that program, but she took the cake.

The think I'll never understand about these religious nuts is how threatened they are by things that they don't believe in.

jdl22
11-11-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm watching it now, I haven't even gotten to the freakout yet but man her friends are bitches. I cannot believe how they attacked the hippy lady. That was ridiculous. She would not have been out of line to slap that lady that did the finger quote thing with "higher power."

SL__72
11-11-2005, 03:29 PM
The youngest one was her grandchild.

private joker
11-11-2005, 03:29 PM
You guys are making me so proud. So happy. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

(I'm a casting director for this show).

By the way, it was hilarious the day the footage came in from Louisiana earlier this spring. We were all sitting there in the office doing our thing, and the editors came running into the casting department: "You guys have to come see this! Now!"

And we all dropped what we were doing and went into the bay to watch a full 30-minute tape of the raw footage from Magaret's freak-out. The 4 minutes that made it onto FOX was just a taste. It was so awesome.

MaxPower
11-11-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The youngest one was her grandchild.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the beginning. Did the oldest girl have her out of wedlock?

SL__72
11-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Must have.

MaxPower
11-11-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are making me so proud. So happy. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

By the way, it was hilarious the day the footage came in from Louisiana earlier this spring. We were all sitting there in the office doing our thing, and the editors came running into the casting department: "You guys have to come see this! Now!"

And we all dropped what we were doing and went into the bay to watch a full 30-minute tape of the raw footage from Magaret's freak-out. The 4 minutes that made it onto FOX was just a taste. It was so awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are evil geniuses. Do you ever feel bad about exploiting the mentally ill for our entertainment?

Do we know if her house was destroyed by Katrina?

Did you cast the Vegan lady who insisted that chickens have hopes and dreams?

TomHimself
11-11-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] thAt vegan lady was a bitch, i feel bad for her children because she forces them to be vegan then she goes and eats meAt in louisana. she was also a huge dick to her husband, he should get a divorce

im downloading the crazy lady torrents now /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jdl22
11-11-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please upload the whole video.

Is it always setup this way with two sort of opposing groups? I haven't seen the show before, but the previews that were on during the baseball playoffs sucked me into this episode.

private joker
11-11-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You guys are evil geniuses. Do you ever feel bad about exploiting the mentally ill for our entertainment?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Luckily, Rocket Science (the prod. company I work for that makes this show for FOX -- look for the logo at the end of the program) makes a lot of other, nicer reality shows. The ones we produced for the upcoming season are much sweeter, gearing towards a more positive overall FOX reality attitude. So yeah, sometimes they can be exploitive, but most of the time they're not.

In fact, the vast majority of families who have been on TS were delighted with the experience, and still send gift baskets and make phone calls in gratitude. One of the families from the first season calls me all the time just to say hey.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was not; they're fine.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I didn't find her -- but I did cast the family from that same season from Santa Cruz: they were a weird new age Yoga-practicing home-schooling home-gardening bluegrass-band-playing "cult." They actually weren't a cult; they were more normal than the editors portrayed them, and in fact very nice. It seems they were one of the few families who didn't come off on TV the way they actually are. Everyone else, we portray the truth. Some people just don't like looking in the mirror.

Jman28
11-11-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a full 30-minute tape of the raw footage from Magaret's freak-out. The 4 minutes that made it onto FOX was just a taste.

[/ QUOTE ]
PLEEEEEASE sell it to me.

TomHimself
11-11-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I didn't find her -- but I did cast the family from that same season from Santa Cruz: they were a weird new age Yoga-practicing home-schooling home-gardening bluegrass-band-playing "cult." They actually weren't a cult; they were more normal than the editors portrayed them, and in fact very nice. It seems they were one of the few families who didn't come off on TV the way they actually are. Everyone else, we portray the truth. Some people just don't like looking in the mirror.

[/ QUOTE ] i dont remember that one and i think i have seen them all /images/graemlins/confused.gif

anyone remember that family maybe from massachusets who has the kid that never showers and was a total dick lol

yea usually TS has 2 opposite families but a good amount of the time it seems like the kids benefit from the new "parent" or the parents benefit from seeing different households and how they run, while sometimes no one benefits

CollinEstes
11-11-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So did you guys really steal the idea for this show from Dave Chapelle? Since Chapelle show aired a spoof of Trading spaces called Trading Spouses before you guys made this show?

I always wondered that.

MaxPower
11-11-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was not; they're fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a great one. The father came off really bad in that one. I didn't think they were a cult, just a subculture. He seemed to be very controlling, making every decision for his kids. The black woman that came to live with them was great.

They really do a great job of casting that show.

MaxPower
11-11-2005, 04:10 PM
The thing that really bugs me about all of these families that have these "principles" such as the Vegan Family, the Yoga/Bluegrass Family, or Margaret's family is that it is really all about the money but they don't want to admit it. You can see how important the money is them.

I almost had grudging respect for that nutcase Margaret when she tore up the envelope, but then they said that she changed her mind.

private joker
11-11-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Please upload the whole video.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so many reasons I will not do this. Come on.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it always setup this way with two sort of opposing groups?

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally that's the idea. Exposing mothers to totally different environments in which children are raised.

private joker
11-11-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So did you guys really steal the idea for this show from Dave Chapelle? Since Chapelle show aired a spoof of Trading spaces called Trading Spouses before you guys made this show?

I always wondered that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we did not take the idea for the show from Dave Chapelle. Besides, Chapelle's skit was about swapping wives in a sexual context, and ours is about switching mothers in a parental context.

CollinEstes
11-11-2005, 04:14 PM
I have an idea for a reality show you should pitch.

How about Urban Survivor. Get 12 middle-aged mostly white people and drop them in the middle of South Chicago or East St. Louis and see how long they can survive on the streets with no ID, SS#, or money. That would be off the hook.

private joker
11-11-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

They really do a great job of casting that show.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CollinEstes
11-11-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I always wondered that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we did not take the idea for the show from Dave Chapelle. Besides, Chapelle's skit was about swapping wives in a sexual context, and ours is about switching mothers in a parental context.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to admit that it is a pretty thin line there. Kinda like Vanilla Ice didn't steal the beat to Ice Ice Baby because he added one ding in the end.

Jack of Arcades
11-12-2005, 01:41 AM
watching the ep now and I don't know which mom is stupider.

Los Feliz Slim
11-12-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It speeds up after it gets going for awhile. Normal, well distributed, tv shows, take about an hour or two, maybe 3 on my connection (1.5 cable)

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, this better be good, as I'm still downloading it. Did anyone else DL the torrent and have it take this long? Is it because I'm on a wireless connection? Or does my DL app (Rufus) suck?

Dudd
11-12-2005, 12:58 PM
You probably have some ports blocked that Bittorrent uses. There should be some support on the website of whatever client you use that explains what ports they use and how to open them.

shant
11-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Mine took about 20 hours to download. I just left it on overnight. It was well worth it. I LOL'ed a lot.