PDA

View Full Version : ($27) - Mastermind?...nah, just a girl

bluefeet
11-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Durron and I had been playing/watching a few games tonight (on our way to personal mass fortunes I might add - he has goot "chi" /images/graemlins/smile.gif). He has been berating mercilessly about this one...won't quit until I post it.

I'll readily admit that it screams "weak/tight" - not an admirable line 4 handed. While I'm tending to agree with his analysis, I thought I would throw out some sort of defense...

SB has become bigchipper by slow-playing. He has also lost some chips slow-playing. He recently showed a limped AA 4-handed, after BB folded to his weakc-b.

I have been a push/raise infested maniac the previous few orbits...simply because I kept getting dealt monsters. I pushed back from t900, continuing with raises in each position w/ the goods (largely uncontested).

So, here's the thinking on this one.

1 - I didn't raise PF, because of my image. I didn't want to give THIS guy a thought of "restealing" - where even with an apparent "resteal" range, I can't call w/AKo. Throw in his propensity to limp monsters, I thought a safer - more profitable line might be catching the flop well disguised.
2 - I didn't bet the flop because...well, he likes to slow-play /images/graemlins/wink.gif
3 - I didn't raise the turn because...did I mention he likes to slow-play? His min-lead is certainly fits his "4" line, albeit a weaker Ace was more likely (as he's checking down w/nadda just as often as attempting to buy the pot).
My problem raising here, is what if he pushes back? The paired board should be enough to slow down a decent Ace, but at the same time, I can't discredit the "4" if/when I face a reraise. So...I call.
4 - Looking MUCH more like an Ace. I probably like raising here more than the turn/PF (assuming you can get over not raising PF /images/graemlins/frown.gif). But with a goofy straight now on the board...the off chance of a "4" still lurking...picking up at least t900 regardless...meh.

OK. There it is. Perhaps the puss hand of the night. Have at it!

bluefeet (2515 in chips)
Seat 4: (1440 in chips)
Seat 8: (3905 in chips)
Seat 9: (5640 in chips)
Seat 9: posts small blind 75
bluefeet: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bluefeet [Ks Ad]
2 folds
Seat 9: calls 75
bluefeet: checks
*** FLOP *** [4c 4s Ts]
Seat 9: checks
*** TURN *** [4c 4s Ts] [Ah]
Seat 9: bets 150
bluefeet: calls 150
*** RIVER *** [4c 4s Ts Ah] [3s]

durron597
11-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Raise the river, it's not close, I'll let others elaborate until I decide to butt in later.

bluefeet
11-10-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the river, it's not close, I'll let others elaborate until I decide to butt in later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shocking! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bigt439
11-10-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shocking! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is reaaaaaally weak tight. Like paranoia type weak tight. You're so paranoid you even mention he could have a straight at the river. WHAT? I actually hate every single street. I'm sure I'm with durron for most of the reasoning so I won't get too much into it (I'm writing a paper you know... wouldn't want to leave that for too long), but let's just consider this a vote for durron. Whatever, we all have crappy nights, but I think you're a MUCH better player than this (that's supposed to be more of a compliment than anything /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

bluefeet
11-11-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're so paranoid you even mention he could have a straight at the river. WHAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn. good catch...my defense attorney thought we could sneak that one in there /images/graemlins/wink.gif

(yeah, pretty shameful /images/graemlins/blush.gif durron owes me one now)

Edit: your little whitebox-red"x" avatar is starting to grow on me

hyde
11-11-2005, 12:38 AM
it!

bluefeet (2515 in chips)
Seat 4: (1440 in chips)
Seat 8: (3905 in chips)
Seat 9: (5640 in chips)
Seat 9: posts small blind 75
bluefeet: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bluefeet [Ks Ad]
2 folds
Seat 9: calls 75
*** FLOP *** [4c 4s Ts]
Seat 9: checks
*** TURN *** [4c 4s Ts] [Ah]
*** RIVER *** [4c 4s Ts Ah] [3s]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I don't need to pile on your play......
But For the life of me, I can not put him on a hand. I can't imagine what cards would have led him down this line.

tigerite
11-11-2005, 05:51 AM
Any Ten, for me, or some kind of pair of crap like 7's.

lacky
11-11-2005, 06:37 AM
ok, I'm bored, and tired of bleeding money out my....well, you get the picture, it's cheaper for me to take a shot at this than play this month it seems.

[ QUOTE ]
1 - I didn't raise PF, because of my image. I didn't want to give THIS guy a thought of "restealing" - where even with an apparent "resteal" range, I can't call w/AKo. Throw in his propensity to limp monsters, I thought a safer - more profitable line might be catching the flop well disguised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never, ever fold AK preflop 4 handed, except MAYBE if the small stack had 1 bb or less or was all in and had been called. Your playing for 1st, and with AK you are ahead of lots of hands people will be willing to push, and are getting ok odds with the 150 you have in to race a small pair. You will make up the ootm finishes by getting more 1st's (really, you will). Raise preflop, and hope he pushes, so you can call.

assuming you miss clicked and checked preflop, I dont really mind the play after that. Your either way behind or you ahead and getting him to bluff at it. At the river your behind to tons of limping hands, any flush, any 4, garbage straight, A10, pocket 3's. Why open it up to a push on the river? I like calling and taking a decent pot without any real risk.