PDA

View Full Version : I know you don't have it

obsidian
11-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Villain is mostly unknown but stats are 34/12/2.1.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

imported_leader
11-10-2005, 11:34 PM
I don't see another way to play it. I don't think you can fold to the turn 3-bet

obsidian
11-10-2005, 11:39 PM
No way I fold an overpair in a pot this large and a board this drawy.

imported_leader
11-10-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No way I fold an overpair in a pot this large and a board this drawy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think putting in more bets then you did is spewy. I guess capping the turn wouldn’t be that bad since you might have 50% equity here. I won’t raise the river though.

obsidian
11-10-2005, 11:48 PM
The reason I won't cap the turn is because it won't push anyone else out and with my position the villain will almost always bet the river even if he misses so I make that bet up anyways.

imported_leader
11-10-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason I won't cap the turn is because it won't push anyone else out and with my position the villain will almost always bet the river even if he misses so I make that bet up anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you want to raise the river? I don't think you get called by a worse hand very often here. I mean what made hands is he 3-betting the turn with that don't have you beat? I don't think the number of those hands is greater then the number of times he has an 8 or a str8 here.

obsidian
11-10-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you want to raise the river? I don't think you get called by a worse hand very often here. I mean what made hands is he 3-betting the turn with that don't have you beat? I don't think the number of those hands is greater then the number of times he has an 8 or a str8 here.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I think you misunderstood. If I cap the turn he c/f's the river when he misses and c/r's or bets it when he hits. If I call the 3-bet he bets the river no matter what so I make more when ahead and lose less when behind.

jba
11-11-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's saying there is a possibility that villain is semibluffing - the reason to consider a turn cap - but will continue the bluff on the river. I don't think he's saying he wants to raise the river, just that capping the turn does not extract extra value from semibluffs, so there is no reason to.

ddubois
11-11-2005, 12:04 AM
That's an ugly river if he was semi-bluffing a superdraw like X/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I suppose if you had some way to be confident he was on a draw on the turn, you could cap the turn for a free showdown and fold to a river donk, but I'm either not good enough or not bad enough to make that play, so I would play it the same way you did.