PDA

View Full Version : Magic Hat #9

11-10-2005, 11:14 PM
When I lived in Avon, CT.. I worked at Dakota's. And when the bar had done a good job for the night, my manager would let us empty low kegs, and at least three times a week, this would be the lovely draught Magic Hat #9.

Alas, I moved back to Texas, and am now unhappy, for they have never heard of my favorite brew. So Im wondering if I could transfer $$ to a party account in exchange for some magic hat.

If there is somewhere here I could get it, someone please, lemme know.

mason55
11-10-2005, 11:19 PM
One of the biggest things I miss about living in the Northeast. All the Magic Hat's are great.

11-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Absolutely, I just need to get some here, so I need someone to be kind and send me some. I really miss it, and this all came out when my roomate decided to buy some "great" beer, he got some budweiser select crap.

mason55
11-10-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my roomate decided to buy some "great" beer, he got some budweiser select crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL. I'm drinking Sam Adams Winter Lager right now. Pretty good. Can't wait for the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale though, we better get it around here.

11-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Mmmm, winter ale, I like that one, that was another we had, I gotta go check for that one.

I was ashamed, I went to a bar down here, and a bartender didnt know what a black and tan was.

ugh.. I love this state, but sometimes...

cokehead
11-11-2005, 01:38 AM
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10394/

maybe worth a shot?

11-11-2005, 01:42 AM
specs is no good, they dont have alot of the "one bottle" selections, they've turned more into the big store kinda thing.

Im here in austin right now though, and I might be able to find one around here. I shall inquire.

Publos Nemesis
11-11-2005, 01:43 AM
send a PM to edtost or to Evan. they are both slackers on the east coast.

KDawgCometh
11-11-2005, 02:58 AM
are you looking for a case to be shipped out to you? A place near by me has 24 cases of warm 9 available

gumpzilla
11-11-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

ROFL. I'm drinking Sam Adams Winter Lager right now. Pretty good. Can't wait for the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale though, we better get it around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I've picked up Celebration Ale at a Whole Foods in DC, so I think you're all set.

EDIT: Also, for that matter, I have no problem getting Magic Hat down here. Is the beer selection that different when you move from MD or DC to VA?

Evan
11-11-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
send a PM to edtost or to Evan. they are both slackers on the east coast.

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahahaha. btw, what's with the new name (assuming this is adam)?

Publos Nemesis
11-11-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha. btw, what's with the new name (assuming this is adam)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, former roommate Taylor. Sat a few hands of NL when you stopped by pton a couple of times....

Evan
11-11-2005, 03:25 AM
Ah, gotcha. I think I sort of remember you, but I wasn't exactly coherent for most of that night.

DougOzzzz
11-11-2005, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I lived in Avon, CT..

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Avon now. About 5 mins from Dakota's.

Slow Play Ray
11-11-2005, 09:06 AM
mmm...peachy...

samjjones
11-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Don't like it. Doesn't it have an apricot flavor or something?

StevieG
11-11-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't like it. Doesn't it have an apricot flavor or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Peach, but I find it far more subtle than, say, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

samjjones
11-11-2005, 10:45 AM
I had two of them, and found the fruit taste unpleasant. But I have friends who drink this stuff exclusively.

bustedchucks
11-11-2005, 01:03 PM
i dont know if you can get it there, but dogfish is another east coast brewery; delaware. they put out a beer called aprihop. so good. its basically a very hoppy pale ale with apricot, really nice stuff.

this is a great time for us beer geeks in the tri state. theres tons of really great breweries in nj,pa and ny putting out really good beer.

and we're coming upon winter beer season. woohoo. my locla beer bar is getting in the heavy seas winter storm very soon, this makes me happy.

turnipmonster
11-11-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had two of them, and found the fruit taste unpleasant. But I have friends who drink this stuff exclusively.

[/ QUOTE ]

mason55
11-11-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I've picked up Celebration Ale at a Whole Foods in DC, so I think you're all set.

EDIT: Also, for that matter, I have no problem getting Magic Hat down here. Is the beer selection that different when you move from MD or DC to VA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, I try to avoid Whole Foods. If they have Magic Hat I might have to go there though.

11-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Okay, soemone who can get a case, and mail it, gimme a cost, nowhere has it down here, and Im kinda desparate. Im about to be driving home from austin, but I'll be able to figure this out in like 4 hours. I have a pp account, so we'll have to do it that way.

TY, you're like, I dont know, saving my life or something.

CollinEstes
11-11-2005, 03:21 PM
That Dogfish head Aprilhop is pretty good and is avialable in Texas. Personally I don't get what is so great about Magic Hat. But I like more hops than that.

If you still can't find anyone here to send you some, go to Beeradvocate and post in the beer trading forums. Just trade a texas beer like a couple Saint Arnolds or Shiner or even maybe Abita something they can't get up north. I had some success doing this with a guy in Canada to get like 5 different kinds of Unibroque you can't get in Texas.

11-11-2005, 03:23 PM
oh, cool. k.

nm then.

I dont really think that its because the beer is the most uber thing ever, I just havent had it in forever... you know, nostalgia... yada ya.

CollinEstes
11-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Gotcha no problem. The downtown specs in Houston might be able to order some, but probably not. If you make it to that Specs you might as well just buy as many St. Bernadas Apt. 12s you can buy. That is what I do.