Blinds(150/300)

Dealt to DMACM [ 6d Ac ]
utg folds.
co folds.
btn is all-In [839]
DMACM is all-In [2117]

PartySNGer
11-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Yes, this is an easy all in. A lot of times you run into players who move in here with any 2 cards, so you're ahead of ~80% of the hands the button is pushing here.

splashpot
11-10-2005, 09:39 PM
If the button had folded, then yes, I think it's an easy all in. But I don't like showing down A6 even if it is only for 2.5BB. It's still a big chunk of your stack. I'd fold.

Edit: I just ran it through SNGPT which indicates that I'm probably wrong here.

pineapple888
11-10-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is an easy all in. A lot of times you run into players who move in here with any 2 cards, so you're ahead of ~80% of the hands the button is pushing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the BB, not the button, that you have to worry about. With the blinds so high, he's not necessarily folding here with a decent hand.

It's probably +EV, but I'm not that thrilled by it. If I had a read that shorty is tight and BB is loose, I'd just muck this and let the other two fight it out.

Of course, if you're going to play, you should push.

PartySNGer
11-10-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the button had folded, then yes, I think it's an easy all in. But I don't like showing down A6 even if it is only for 2.5BB. It's still a big chunk of your stack. I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're likely ahead of the button pusher with A6 and if you win the hand you have a huge chip stack which creates more pushing opportunities on the bubble. I don't see why you wouldn't at least call the button. I make this play all the time and even run into hands like 75s and J4.

DMACM
11-10-2005, 09:47 PM
What about with q3o?

splashpot
11-10-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're likely ahead of the button pusher with A6

[/ QUOTE ]
When will people understand that whether you're ahead is not what's important?

splashpot
11-10-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about with q3o?

[/ QUOTE ]
If I thought A6 was close, obviously Q3 is a clear fold.

pineapple888
11-10-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're likely ahead of the button pusher with A6 and if you win the hand you have a huge chip stack which creates more pushing opportunities on the bubble. I don't see why you wouldn't at least call the button. I make this play all the time and even run into hands like 75s and J4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling leaves the door wide open for BB to either call also or push. You are unhappy in either case with a hand that's very very marginal.

bigt439
11-10-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Yes it is.

PartySNGer
11-10-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Yes it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah I don't get it either. When I'm deciding whether to call on the bubble I like to think I'm ahead of the pusher's calling range.

11-10-2005, 10:05 PM
No becase the 6 is not g00t becase it most often lose to the bigger card but sometime it get lucky.

11-10-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Yes it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah I don't get it either. When I'm deciding whether to call on the bubble I like to think I'm ahead of the pusher's calling range.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that even when A6 is ahead, it's basically never way ahead. That, and the really important thing is whether the play is +$EV. There are plenty of late game situations (this isn't one) where you should call/push when you can be positive you're behind.