PDA

View Full Version : Mr More ?

stripsqueez
11-10-2005, 08:34 PM
10/20 6 max - i get KJo on the button and open raise - the BB 3 bets and i call - the BB is loose - he would see around half the flops - he raises a bit pre-flop but limp is his prefered style - he is a border line wussy post flop - all up a typical customer

flop is Kd 10d 5s - bet/raise/3 bet/call

turn is Jc - bet/raise/3 bet/call

river is 10c - bet/call

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

stigmata
11-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I like it. Your either way behind or he doesn't realise AA/AK etc no good. I can't see much value in putting more in against a "border line wussy".

Alobar
11-10-2005, 09:10 PM
I dont really like the hand, but I prolly dont play it any different since the pot is so big you are tied to it. Not raising the turn is really weak, and I cant fold to a 3 bet. The river is really ugly as there isnt much you beat, especially if hes a wussy post flop, but like I said, you are tied to the pot and its HU, I fold never.

Victor
11-10-2005, 09:15 PM
i play this hand the same way and i certain its correct. anymore bets would be spewing. in fact, i am pretty damn scared when he 3bets the turn. he has ak or aa enough to call down tho.

TStoneMBD
11-10-2005, 11:39 PM
i dont see any other lines that are remotely close imho.

Poldi
11-11-2005, 05:02 AM
I play it the same.

imitation
11-11-2005, 07:00 AM
I'm interested in how else you consider playing it?

stripsqueez
11-11-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in how else you consider playing it?

[/ QUOTE ]

like the title suggests i was wondering about capping the turn - i agree with what has been said but a lot of bad players over value AK or AA or even KQ - a priori its a small range of hands that i'm behind on the turn - he is very unlikely to show me AQ or JJ given the flop action or even 1010 because i dont think i would of been 3 bet pre-flop with the later

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

NLSoldier
11-11-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

like the title suggests i was wondering about capping the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my initial reaction. I think its pretty close.

krishanleong
11-11-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

like the title suggests i was wondering about capping the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my initial reaction. I think its pretty close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine too. I think I cap this pretty easy. River card blows though.

Krishan

Danenania
11-11-2005, 02:12 PM
I like a turn cap here strip. Mostly because he doesn't sound like the type to try checkraising you on the river so it's a 1 for 1 proposition and you are ahead of him from slightly more than half the time to quite a bit more depending how likely he is to be overplaying AK.

Wynton
11-11-2005, 02:34 PM
I don't see why that river card is so bad. The player is supposed to be more on the weakish side post flop, so I don't think he's betting the flop that strongly with just a pair of 10s. I guess villain could have AA, in which case the river camouflaged hero's 2 pair.

But my first reaction really was that villain was over excited about AK (which strangely doesn't seem inconsistent with the idea that he's weakish post-flop). I'm surprised no one liked the idea of raising the river.

wackjob
11-11-2005, 02:40 PM
put me down for a turn cap.

Alobar
11-11-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like a turn cap here strip. Mostly because he doesn't sound like the type to try checkraising you on the river so it's a 1 for 1 proposition and you are ahead of him from slightly more than half the time to quite a bit more depending how likely he is to be overplaying AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, looks like everyone agrees almost

Im just not convinced that a post flop wimp, 3 bets a KJT turn with just a pair, even considering most people overvalue AK AA. I'm a nit /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Danenania
11-11-2005, 02:45 PM
The kicker for me is his flop 3-bet. Even assuming he wouldn't slowplay KK or TT there are only 4 combinations of these hands that beat us, and 14 combinations of AA/AK.