PDA

View Full Version : What %age of 0.25/0.5 FL hands get to 25c rake at Absolute?

AussieBattler
11-10-2005, 06:02 PM
If possible, I'd like to get an idea of how many hands at Absolutes 0.25/0.5 FL FR tables typically get to a 25c rake and hence count towards clearing bonus? 25%? 50%?

Im trying to determine if UB or Absolute is better for clearing bonuses at 0.25/0.5..........by my very rough calculations if its 25% or better then Absolute is the way to go...hmmm

thx

theben
11-10-2005, 06:12 PM
ill tell you now, its very very few. you'll be better off at UB. UB bonus sucks but i'll be better at those limits. plus, they players will probably be worse (although bad at both limits of course)

playersare
11-10-2005, 06:27 PM
at those limits, you'll probably get about 1c of bonus from UB per raked hand. on absolute, you need a 10BB pot ($5) in order to earn 10c of bonus, so it's a matter of whether or not you will reach that threshold at least once every 10 dealt hands. neither is really that great a situation to begin with and you should seriously consider moving up to 50c/$1 limits which is really not much harder than 25c/50c.

if you are considering Absolute 25c/50c, then you might as well do the Paradise bonus instead, since the tables are looser there and the software is better (though still not perfect).

also, you can do the good Boss/IPN skins which pay 20c per contributed raked hand at any limit.

AussieBattler
11-10-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
at those limits, you'll probably get about 1c of bonus from UB per raked hand. on absolute, you need a 10BB pot ($5) in order to earn 10c of bonus, so it's a matter of whether or not you will reach that threshold at least once every 10 dealt hands. neither is really that great a situation to begin with and you should seriously consider moving up to 50c/$1 limits which is really not much harder than 25c/50c.

if you are considering Absolute 25c/50c, then you might as well do the Paradise bonus instead, since the tables are looser there and the software is better (though still not perfect).

also, you can do the good Boss/IPN skins which pay 20c per contributed raked hand at any limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

thx for the advice. yes, its slow going clearing at these levels - I can live with that for now. I'd like to go to 0.5/1 but my BR isnt quite there yet.

Surely unless Absolute is totally rocky we'll see more than 10% get to 10BB. From what Ive seen at UB around 25% of rakes get to 25c (and hence 2.5c bonus) and sometimes more.....I like UB cos it shows your points earned at each table as they accumulate and you get credited instantly on leaving the table....so it sounds to me like I should just stick with UB

if anyone could post something to the effect of "I played 5000 hands at Absolute 0.25/0.5 and X% of pots got me bonus clearing points" it would be appreciated.

cheers

mattw
11-10-2005, 08:40 PM
have you looked at the bonus clearing charts at here (http://www.bonuswhores.com)

AussieBattler
11-10-2005, 08:54 PM
yes but they only go as low as 0.5/1 on the grid....probably because clearing is only possible at very few sites below 0.5/1....hence my quest to find out what rate I might clear at 0.25/0.5 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mattw
11-10-2005, 09:05 PM
hmm, take the .50/1.00 stats and divide by 2? i can understand you wanting the info from players with the stats.

aucu
11-10-2005, 09:25 PM
I clear AP at 2-4 works just fine.

mattw
11-10-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I clear AP at 2-4 works just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP wants to clear at .25/.50.

aucu
11-10-2005, 09:29 PM
OK so your BR might not be up for it, then do the Empire $100 that clears well at $25NL then the Multi $200 which clears well at the same and you may be able to move up.
Still waiting for Parties November Bonus but not expecting anything good.

AussieBattler
11-10-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hmm, take the .50/1.00 stats and divide by 2? i can understand you wanting the info from players with the stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

thx matt...but it doesnt seem like its as simple as dividing by 2 since at 0.25/0.5 FL its very dependent on the structure of rakes and points awarded that count towards clearance at each site in question

BTW:(I dont play NL as I prefer the grind)

minttea
11-11-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you should seriously consider moving up to 50c/$1 limits which is really not much harder than 25c/50c.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played limit on absolute, and it's because every time I look at the lobby, half of the .50/1 games are under 30% to the flop and the rest are in the low 30s. The .25/.50 games are usually in the fifties, some sixties. I think 32% usually really is much harder than 55%. I do understand that flop percentage isn't everything, but I've never played in a 50%+ micro game that wasn't a cakewalk, and I've never played in a sub-35% game that I could beat that easily.

If you have lots of time and not a lot of BR, you could try Sean's Private Tourney for New Players at Bodog - play it before you deposit, win it and get 100% to $100 bonus which clears fairly easily at .25/.50 - I did that a few months ago and it helped my BR a lot. Runs every night and has about 25-30 really bad players in it. I think it took me four nights to win. Not worth it for bankrolled players, but it was a great aid to me when I was broke.