PDA

View Full Version : Quick Preflop question

GTSamIAm
11-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Fairly loose, passive 6-max table. 2 limpers to me in the SB. I have 87o. Should I complete? These people play poorly postflop also.

car ramrod
11-10-2005, 05:29 PM
I would complete

Vote4Pedro
11-10-2005, 05:30 PM
I do

Marquis
11-10-2005, 05:30 PM
I'd fold. After 3 limpers I'd complete in this case. After two limpers just being connected isn't enough. Suited one-gaps, some suited two gaps, maybe something like K7s, I'd complete.

HouseCalls
11-10-2005, 05:32 PM
*grunch*
Muck it (play it sooted)

GTSamIAm
11-10-2005, 05:47 PM
So it's borderline either way?

11-10-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So it's borderline either way?

[/ QUOTE ]

very borderline.... im much looser than most 2+2ers and i limp it in

GTSamIAm
11-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Same conditions, except I have Axo. Should I complete? What's the most hands I can play here?

zuluking
11-10-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Same conditions, except I have Axo. Should I complete? What's the most hands I can play here?

[/ QUOTE ]

In answer to your first question, personally I fold this one. AXoffsuit. In this situation I fold 2-8, and raise with everything else.

11-10-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In answer to your first question, personally I fold this one. AXoffsuit. In this situation I fold 2-8, and raise with everything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it it -EV to play A6o-A8o for a complete in the SB? Obviously, A9o is a marginal hard, but it's stronger. So I can see raising it here.

I'm new to 6m, but I'll complete with some crappy Axo occasionally. A lot of time I muck, but I'll complete w/ A8o-A9o.

And is it bad to generally complete any 2 suited? I suppose getting 7:1 to complete with two limpers, assuming the BB isn't going to raise is okay?

zuluking
11-10-2005, 10:55 PM
My AXoffsuit play from the SB is just personal preference and ALOT of PT stats to back it up.

zuluking
11-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Odd, but if there is just one limper, I raise with every AXoffsuit hand from the SB. Perhaps I should re-think my 2 limper strat.

11-10-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Odd, but if there is just one limper, I raise with every AXoffsuit hand from the SB. Perhaps I should re-think my 2 limper strat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my general thinking is that against one loose limper A-rag is much stronger. Clearly raising has the effect of showing strength and has the added benefit of your opponent folding UI on the flop or the turn. Of course, reads come into play whether or not you should fire on the turn as many players will just call down with bottom pair or a stronger high card. (And in these cases, they are right to do so.)

So, in other words, bluffing and high card strength come into direct consideration HU assuming your SB raise gets the BB out of the hand.

Against 2 opponents, it seems you are spread much more thin.

I dunno, that's my thinking. But I'm just another 6-max donkey. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

aargh57
11-11-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So it it -EV to play A6o-A8o for a complete in the SB? Obviously, A9o is a marginal hard, but it's stronger. So I can see raising it here.

I'm new to 6m, but I'll complete with some crappy Axo occasionally. A lot of time I muck, but I'll complete w/ A8o-A9o.

And is it bad to generally complete any 2 suited? I suppose getting 7:1 to complete with two limpers, assuming the BB isn't going to raise is okay?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually don't complete with small suited gappers unless I have 2 limpers in. My thinking is that since high card strength increases in 6max games then that overpowers the value of being suited with fewer players. Am I wrong here?