PDA

View Full Version : Final Table Hand from 180 player SNG/MTT

WinBig
11-10-2005, 04:41 PM
PokerStars 20 table SNG/MTT. Final table and all 9 players are still in. I have 46,000 which is 3rd in chips. Blinds are 800/1600 with 75 ante and the villain has been raising frequently since it got down to the final 18 players.

Three hands earlier the villain had raised preflop to 4200 and I reraised to 8000 with AK offsuit. He called and folded to my 8000 bet on a 9d4h2h flop.

This time the villain has raised to 5200 and again I have AK offsuit. Do I play this hand the same way? How about pushing to put him to the test? I don't feel flat calling is an option but I would like to hear what others think about how to play this hand. Results to follow.

11-10-2005, 04:50 PM
where did he open the pot from. i realize hes loose so this might make you a favorite, but it doesnt hurt to keep his position in mind.

are you IP or OOP?

his chipstack?

WinBig
11-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Villain is 3 to my right with a stack of 25,000. He has open-raised three of the last five hands so basically raising from all positions. In this hand I am in the SB so I am OOP.

IHateKeithSmart
11-10-2005, 04:57 PM
As SB, you can push to freeze out the BB. That would be my first inclination. If you raise, you are going to call a push, so I like being in first (some FE).

WinBig
11-10-2005, 05:07 PM
My apologies. I need to polish my posting skills because I gave some incorrect information. I was the SB in the hand with villain three hands earlier.

In THIS hand I am in MP and villain is UTG+1 so I have position on him. If I push he'll be getting about 1.7 to 1 odds to call assuming the button and blinds fold. What range of hands will he call with? Would a range including any pocket pair, any two face cards and Ax suited be too wide if he assumes I do not have a pocket pair?

11-10-2005, 05:56 PM
well, if the information is correct this time and he raises 5200 of his remaining 25k (?) @ BB1600 he may not be getting away from this hand. granted he has been stealing a bit before the flop but it doesnt sound like anyone has reraised him preflop besides your AKo from earlier. and on that hand he did call your reraise OOP and folded on a 9 high flop.

id say hes pretty loose.

moving in might not get him off the hand
so with position i would just flat call and hope to catch him on the flop.

has he made what seems like any contiuation bets in this game. because you reraised him the previous time, will he fire this flop if you flat call?

i say call and make a new decision on the flop. hopefully you can just go ahead and flop AAA.

Ben5505
11-10-2005, 06:12 PM
I kind of like playing it differently this time. You have a two to one chip advantage on him...use your stack and put the pressure back on him. I am pushing this time! If he calls you have a chance to lead into the chip lead if you win, if not you are not completly destroyed, still having well over 10BB.

11-10-2005, 06:18 PM
ya but what if you push and he calls with a better hand? or even a far better hand?

hes loose remember? and if he hits the flop first you can go ahead and most likely kiss those goodbye.

and as far as playing it diffrently..he raised last time, a raise all in isnt much more action at these blinds and stacks. raising all in isnt going to do much more than just reraising this guy before the flop. unless of course youve made it this late in the tournament only minraising before the flop.

and IMO you should be shot for making a minraise play here.

11-10-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ya but what if you push and he calls with a better hand? or even a far better hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats part of poker. But you cant play scared because of it. Hes a loose player, and your ahead of his range of hands. Just push this.

11-10-2005, 06:36 PM
what if you move and he folds?
what if you call and he CBs on an A/k high flop?
what if you call and he cbs on a rag flop?
what if you call and he checks on rag/(a/k) flop?

where do you make the most when youre ahead and lose the least when youre behind?

maybe it sounds like a scared play but i think if youre that much better than the player, flat calling and getting away from this hand if need be is definately a possibility to move up in the cashing. catch him later with a pair before the flop. im sure reraising him all in with 10s is far more ahead than just AK high.

edit: if he had more money he might be able to get away from the hand? but does he have enough to get away from it if he raises? that goes fro either player.

11-10-2005, 07:18 PM
I like a push here; I think it looks more like a steal bet and villian may make a loose call. I had a very similar situation come up; some guy who had been raising a lot and from whom I had recently doubled through, exposing his loose raise requirements, he raised from middle position, I had AK in the BB, thought about calling, small re-raise (I wouldn't have been pot-committed with a small- to medium raise), but I decided he probably had crap, so I pushed to induce a call (it was a $5 45-player SNG). He IMMEDIATELY called getting odds under 2:1. He had 8-7o. I was ecstatic that I played it so well, then an 8 came on the flop, and I was out. Oh well.

-Gross

gobboboy
11-10-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Three hands earlier the villain had raised preflop to 4200 and I reraised to 8000 with AK offsuit. He called and folded to my 8000 bet on a 9d4h2h flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a ridiculously small reraise. He raised it 2600 and you raised him 3800 more. You need to be raising it to at least 11000 here or else he's getting absolutely ridiculous odds to call. 5 to 1 odds to call a raise preflop is way too much. Never do that to him.

I honestly would push when reraising with AK unless the stacks are over 50 bb's. Your raise is substantial and your only choice of a bet after the flop is all-in, and pushing on a board of 25Tr doesn't look too spectacular. Both cases, push preflop.

Nepa
11-10-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 20 table SNG/MTT. Final table and all 9 players are still in. I have 46,000 which is 3rd in chips. Blinds are 800/1600 with 75 ante and the villain has been raising frequently since it got down to the final 18 players.

This time the villain has raised to 5200 and again I have AK offsuit. Do I play this hand the same way? How about pushing to put him to the test? I don't feel flat calling is an option but I would like to hear what others think about how to play this hand. Results to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone think that this would be a good spot for a Stop -N- Go? Where's Greg at?

WinBig
11-11-2005, 02:36 PM
I decided to push this time figuring I had some fold equity. He thought for a long time before calling with 55. I didn't catch anything and doubled him up. I think it was the correct play and if I win the hand I am the chipleader by a decent margin.

Any thoughts on what you would call with if you were the one raising preflop and were reraised all-in getting 1.7-1 odds?

KingDan
11-11-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone think that this would be a good spot for a Stop -N- Go? Where's Greg at?

[/ QUOTE ]

With AK I doubt Villian is making too many incorrect folds.

11-11-2005, 03:29 PM
With AK, u push.