PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on a Drug Test.

fsuplayer
11-10-2005, 04:07 PM
in the last month or so i started smoking pot some.

im out of school with time to burn and my fiance wanted to try weed so i bought some and enjoyed it throughly with her.

now the problem.

i am planning to go back to school in 2007 and i am looking into vet. school. to get into these programs, you have to have like 500-1k hrs of work at animal hospitals/clinics before you apply.

so i went it today to offer my free volunteer service at a vet. i know, and they said it would be great, but for insurance purposes i have to take this drug test. [censored].

are there any ways to 'flush' out your system that anyone that has tried that actually work?

i was supposed to start on monday, but i can prob. delay it a week with a creative story.

any advice is greatly appreciated.

fsuplayer

joshman1204
11-10-2005, 04:09 PM
you can goto your local smoke shop and get a product called detox that should do the trick

Slow Play Ray
11-10-2005, 04:11 PM
This (http://www.drug-testing-solutions.com/liquid.htm) has worked in 100% of the cases for people I know, including myself (like 9-for-9 or so).

I believe it is also available at the Vitamin Shoppe, if you have one of those near you.

Also, make sure it's a piss test - one of my buddies actually had to take a hair test. Luckily for him, he was well-prepared and had bought the masking shampoo as well.

Lady Dont Tekno
11-10-2005, 04:12 PM
do all the detox stuff everyone is going to recommend and also drink only water from now until the test. as much as you can everyday.

unlucky513
11-10-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
drink only water from now until the test. as much as you can everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong.

to the OP, check out the forums at urineluck.com

Victor
11-10-2005, 04:22 PM
when is your drug test? when is the last time you smoked? how often were you smoking and for how long?

fsuplayer
11-10-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when is your drug test? when is the last time you smoked? how often were you smoking and for how long?

[/ QUOTE ]

im supposed to start monday like i said, but if i was delayed a couple days its not a problem since im a volunteer.

i smoked last night, and a bunch last weekend since i was at a rock climbing competition.

i have been smoking maybe 3 wks and have done it 10-15times probably.

unlucky513
11-10-2005, 04:33 PM
go to the smoke shop, buy a detox drink (you could get them online for MUCH cheaper, but might take a little time to get to you), read directions on the drink - i doubt you'll have any trouble passing the test because you're not a heavy smoker.

howzit
11-10-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This (http://www.drug-testing-solutions.com/liquid.htm) has worked in 100% of the cases for people I know, including myself (like 9-for-9 or so).

I believe it is also available at the Vitamin Shoppe, if you have one of those near you.

Also, make sure it's a piss test - one of my buddies actually had to take a hair test. Luckily for him, he was well-prepared and had bought the masking shampoo as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to thank you for your advice.

Thanks. . .I'm happily employed now.

11-10-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This (http://www.whizzinator.com/) is apparently endorsed by many top NFL players.

Slow Play Ray
11-10-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to thank you for your advice.

Thanks. . .I'm happily employed now.

[/ QUOTE ]

So now we're 10-for-10? My pleasure! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

eviljeff
11-10-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i smoked last night, and a bunch last weekend since i was at a rock climbing competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, can anyone else find the non sequitur in this sentence?

fsuplayer
11-10-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's a non sequitur?

Sephus
11-10-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's a non sequitur?

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesnt understand how rock climbing competition => smoking a bunch.

Justin A
11-11-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's a non sequitur?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a statement where the conclusion does not follow from the premise.

Victor
11-11-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im supposed to start monday like i said, but if i was delayed a couple days its not a problem since im a volunteer.

i have been smoking maybe 3 wks and have done it 10-15times probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would try to delay the test for a few days and take one of the cleansers/masking agents that are recommended here.

weed is stored in your fat cells and accumulates. for a heavy smoker with low metabolism it could take as long as 2 monthes. i was a heavy smoker (multiple times a day) with normal metabolism and it took me a month and i relapsed once.

you seem to be a fairly light smoker so i would think it would take you 1-2 weeks to get it out esp if you are an athletic rock climber. do cardio every day to help burn off the fat too.

however, since you only have a few days you better be safe with the detox.

Malachii
11-11-2005, 01:26 AM
If you go to GNC and get something called Q-Carbo it will work nicely. It's like $50.

KDawgCometh
11-11-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
drink only water from now until the test. as much as you can everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong.

to the OP, check out the forums at urineluck.com

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you're wrong. I know from personal experience. I was able to pass a out patient rehab piss test drinking nothing but cranberry juice and anywhere from a gallon and a half to two gallons of water a day after spending two weeks doing nothing but smoking and being on tour with phish. I stopped when I got back home, and did nothing but what I did for a week, in fact, it worked so well that my creatine level was a little on the low side that I had to be retested

11-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Another alternative is to go to the pharmacy and buy a drug test and see if you will pass.

unlucky513
11-11-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it worked so well that my creatine level was a little on the low side that I had to be retested

[/ QUOTE ]

this was because your piss was too diluted, not because of your creatine levels. some places consider a retest a failure, this is why drinking 2 gallons of water is bad.

on the directions of ever detox drink you'll ever buy it says "do not increase your water consumption before the test" ...

nolanfan34
11-11-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't partake in an illegal activity when it could adversely affect your future career and plans? Or is that too obvious?

Yeah, I'm a stick in the mud, but I love these posts from people who are looking to get out of these situations, where just an ounce (pardon the pun) of personal responsibility could have helped you to avoid the situation in the first place.

And yes, again, I realize I'm an old-fashioned social mores nit, who didn't contribute anything to this thread.

Rduke55
11-11-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in fact, it worked so well that my creatine level was a little on the low side that I had to be retested

[/ QUOTE ]

If you needed to be retested that's a bad thing.

mmcd
11-11-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't partake in an illegal activity when it could adversely affect your future career and plans? Or is that too obvious?

Yeah, I'm a stick in the mud, but I love these posts from people who are looking to get out of these situations, where just an ounce (pardon the pun) of personal responsibility could have helped you to avoid the situation in the first place.

And yes, again, I realize I'm an old-fashioned social mores nit, who didn't contribute anything to this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

But most drugs are fun and most laws are stupid.

Lazymeatball
11-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Find another place to work/volunteer. I work at a vet hospital at a major University and there is no drug testing policy, which is strange considering we have quite the extensive pharmacy.

Meech
11-11-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Find another place to work/volunteer. I work at a vet hospital at a major University and there is no drug testing policy, which is strange considering we have quite the extensive pharmacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Illegal search and seizure of the contents of your bladder as a pre-requisite for a f'in volunteer gig?

Pass. Next.

The Goober
11-11-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to argue with results, but I'm willing to bet that all of these detox products actually screw up the test somehow by masking the drug in the urine, rather than actually "cleansing" your body. Notice that the website says "It becomes effective 1 hour after taking and yields a clean test for 3-6 hours". If it really cleaned you, it would be effective until you smoked again.

I don't think there's any way to actually get it out of your fat cells any quicker.

RunDownHouse
11-11-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Illegal search and seizure of the contents of your bladder as a pre-requisite for a f'in volunteer gig?

Pass. Next.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its pretty hard to argue that its illegal when you agree to it. The answer is as simple as all of the "how do I lose weight posts:" either find a job that doesn't require drug tests, or don't smoke. Easy.

Meech
11-11-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its pretty hard to argue that its illegal when you agree to it. The answer is as simple as all of the "how do I lose weight posts:" either find a job that doesn't require drug tests, or don't smoke. Easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know that "technically" it's probably not illegal, but it's pure BS anyway. A drug test to do volunteer work at a vet? A drug test to sell nails at Home Depot? Comon. What a friggin joke.

You left out option C, the point of the OP: Game the system.

KDawgCometh
11-11-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in fact, it worked so well that my creatine level was a little on the low side that I had to be retested

[/ QUOTE ]

If you needed to be retested that's a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

it really wasn't. My piss was a little on the diluted side, but, they knew that 1) I was sick in the preceeding week, and 2) I normally drink a lot of water. My creatine level wasn't low enough for them to get up in arms. It works, and it will work for the OP

11-11-2005, 09:05 PM
drug test?
study.

fsuplayer
11-13-2005, 04:38 PM
i thought this thread was dead and hence missed several of the later replies.

i just recently decided to do this volunteer job. i had already smoked before deciding.

i have never been drug tested before for a job and didnt think a volunteer job at a vet would require one.

im sort of friends with a vet who is transferring to this place. so while i could just go to another place, id much rather stay here.

lastly, i dont consider smoking a little pot or having drinks on my spare time being irresponsible. give me a break.

Slow Play Ray
11-13-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to argue with results, but I'm willing to bet that all of these detox products actually screw up the test somehow by masking the drug in the urine, rather than actually "cleansing" your body. Notice that the website says "It becomes effective 1 hour after taking and yields a clean test for 3-6 hours". If it really cleaned you, it would be effective until you smoked again.

I don't think there's any way to actually get it out of your fat cells any quicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is clearly a masking agent.

JonPKibble
11-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Drug tests are pointless. Let me get this straight - if you smoked one doobie in the last month, you're considered high risk by their insurance company... but if you drank heavily every single day for the past month, you are zero risk?

Go_Blue88
11-13-2005, 08:52 PM
First of all, if you don't smoke often, it won't show up on a typical drug test.

Second, drink lots of cranberry juice. Also, they sell personal drug tests at stores so you can find out if you're [censored] in advance.

mmcd
11-13-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Drug tests are pointless. Let me get this straight - if you smoked one doobie in the last month, you're considered high risk by their insurance company... but if you drank heavily every single day for the past month, you are zero risk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, in this particular case, I think people with pot and/or other drugs in their system would be more likely than a heavy drinker to help themselves to some goodies from the vet's medicine cabinet. (I assume this why they're testing volunteers)

JonPKibble
11-14-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, in this particular case, I think people with pot and/or other drugs in their system would be more likely than a heavy drinker to help themselves to some goodies from the vet's medicine cabinet. (I assume this why they're testing volunteers)

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point.

However, it's still not completely conclusive.

MitchVW
11-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Depends, I dont believe I have really met anyone who doesnt like how pain pills and the such feel, so its hard to say JUST b.c they have smoked weed that they are more prone to it.

Either way, just drink a lot of water, has always worked for me. From my understanding, its stored in your body fat, so the "bigger" you are, the longer its going to stay around. You dont seem to have to much body fat, so you should be pretty good.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif