PDA

View Full Version : LA or OC?

03-28-2002, 01:57 AM
Does anybody actually prefer Los Angeles over Orange county? I'm just wondering.

Kris

03-28-2002, 02:10 AM
With apologies to my friends from Orange County, I hate it. It takes forever to wait for the green arrow to make a left turn. There are no good restaurants, unless you like hamburgers with mayo on 'em. Everyone has blond hair. The Crystal Cathedral is what passes for sophisticated architecture. "It's a Small World After All" is the official county song. In the Bush-Gore election, Orange County was carried by the write-in vote for Mussolini. And watching people impersonate a famous painting is the most exciting activity of the year for Laguna-ites.

Sure, we need cover to go to the mall here in L.A., and we have the San Fernando Valley, but no place is perfect.

03-28-2002, 02:36 AM

03-28-2002, 02:40 AM
I grew up in LA Co. My mom now lives in Orange Co. I can't stand either place, taken to flying my mom here to visit.

Started refering to LA as the "pit" during the mid 70s.

Not trying to be offend. If you could figure a way to get rid of 20 mil, I would move back. Maybe even start surfing again. I remember being upset if someone took off on the same wave. From what I see now thats about as easy as winning the lottery.

Ed, broke in Montana

03-28-2002, 02:44 AM
and i miss it!!

03-28-2002, 03:12 AM
Isn't this a bit like fighting over the best spot in HELL. Just an honest question.

-Zeno

03-28-2002, 03:14 AM
I used to live there too. (Who in L.A. didn't?).

I don't miss it. Climate-wise, it's a suburb of hell and culture-wise, it's a suburb of, well, L.A.

/images/smile.gif

03-28-2002, 06:33 AM
Well, If places like Newport Beach and Crystal Cove (both in O.C.) are hellish, then give me a one way ticket to hell!

Kris

03-28-2002, 01:36 PM
...is that everyone else is coming to the same conclusion that most everyone here is coming to -- they are both awful in their distinctly different ways -- and moving to San Diego county. It really pains me to see one of the most beautiful spots in the country turn into an LA/OC hybrid.

03-28-2002, 10:32 PM
Andy:

This is a racist comment, and you should know better. People are who they are, and I am surprised to see something like this coming from you.

03-28-2002, 11:40 PM