PDA

View Full Version : played it like a little girl?

mike l.
06-21-2003, 03:12 AM
this hand came up in a family home game a few weekends ago. we were playing 2-5 limit hold em (just for play money). my 9 year old daughter was on the button and my mom is in the cutoff.

we're 7 handed a couple limpers, cutoff limps, button raises, one blind calls. 5 handed.

the flop is 972. checked to c/o who bets, the button raises, all else fold, c/o calls.

the turn is 5. c/o bets, button raises. c/o thinks and calls saying "why do you keep raising? youre gonna lose all your chips."

river is a 9. c/o bets, button giggles and says "raise!" as confident as ever. c/o calls. c/o shows T7o, button shows KK. her 8 year old brother says "nice hand lily". her dad cant stop laughing.

2nd best hand of the night: my aunt who has never played hold em before raised my brother on the flop w/ position w/ a flush draw and took a free card on the turn purely on instinct, knowing it was the best play.

Lottery Larry
06-21-2003, 09:22 AM
Nice story. I've just started teaching my 5-year old son how to play. Mostly he likes to say "bet!" or "raise" with authority.

Check and fold don't seem to roll off of his tongue as well. Of course, he's wiped me out twice in a row- there may be a lesson in that.

andyfox
06-21-2003, 06:18 PM
A 9-year old and an 8-year old? You obviously weren't playing as much poker in those days as you do now. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Sounds like your world is a happy one, Mike. Congratulations and best wishes.

Lee Jones
06-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Heh. Now when I say, "Played it like a little girl", I'm going to mean, "Raised at every opportunity." /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Andy is right - sounds like your life is good.

Regards, Lee