PDA

View Full Version : Turn Donk ?

11-10-2005, 02:13 PM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls ?

Obliky
11-10-2005, 02:49 PM
It depends on the player, but i find at the low low micro limits players just go 'Ooooo three 8's, ill bet'.
However there is still a resonable chance its a bluff.

Therefore i would call the turn, call river. Bet if checked to on river.

11-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Well, this is microlimit so there is pretty common for people to turn up nearly any type of hand.

But in any way you see it you have had to dodge a lot of cards to have the best hand here, and even if you have the best hand, there is also the flushdraw and the possible nut straight on the board.

If you are behind your only draw is the nine and ten, and the 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is tainted. Worst case you are drawing 2 outs for the full house, best case you are drawing 5 outs for the straight and full house. Even if you have 5 outs there is 7:1 in the pot and you have 8:1 to call.

You don't get enough for you money to call, even if it is possible that he could be bluffing, there is also the possibility that the others isn't, so fold is probably right.

@bsolute_luck
11-10-2005, 03:38 PM
i would probably fold. small pot and he could have a straight, trips eights, or the J. with the flush draw out there too, it really limits the number of clean outs you can assign your hand.

MrWookie47
11-10-2005, 03:46 PM
I think that most of the time, this donk is a J. Most 8's and most str8's will c/r you here. However, that J is still sad times for you. You have gutshot outs and set outs, but but they're all dirtier than my first girlfriend. Plus you have the other guy to worry about having a J. I think you can fold this.

LoaferGee12
11-10-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that most of the time, this donk is a J. Most 8's and most str8's will c/r you here. However, that J is still sad times for you. You have gutshot outs and set outs, but but they're all dirtier than my first girlfriend. Plus you have the other guy to worry about having a J. I think you can fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I can't put him on anything other than a J here. Fold it.