PDA

View Full Version : Phil Ivey home wireless setup

11-10-2005, 01:00 PM
In last issue of All In magazine (p. 56) it showed Phil Ivey at home on couch playing Full Tilt Poker. How can I do a similar setup? I want to sit on couch and use wireless keyboard/mouse to play poker on 36in or so LCD TV screen hanging on the wall.

sfer
11-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Getting a couch is a good start.

CrazyN8
11-10-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think getting cash would be step 1.

Freakin
11-10-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think getting cash would be step 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get free couches off craigslist

JustDerek
11-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Is your PC in the same room as the couch and the LCD screen? If so, all you need is a bluetooth keyboard & mouse, with the necessary bluetooth adapter for the PC.

If the computer is somewhere else, then you need:
<ul type="square"> Broadband internet service/accompanying broadband modem
A laptop with a wireless card/network adapter, either built-in or external (the kind you put into a PCMCIA slot). If it's built-in, I recommend avoiding the Intel 2200BG or 2915 wireless cards (commonly issued with the Mobile Centrino chipsets) - they have a huge share of the market, but they're cheap hardware and can cause major headaches.
A wireless router with the highest possible throughput capacity. "G" protocol usually means up to 54 Mbps, which is good; the very new MIMO technology claims up to 108 Mbps, but some dispute this (wireless networking is a booming field, and upgrades in the technology are pretty frequent, etc). As far as brands go, I've heard the best overall feedback about Netgear routers; Linksys and D-Link are also popular. NOTE: If you get an external (PCMCIA) wireless card adapter, plan on getting the same brand of router for your connection to work most easily.
[/list]
For more detailed info on wireless internet connections, look at the wireless forums at Broadband Reports (http://www.dslreports.com/forums/6) and/or Notebook Review (http://forum.notebookreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28).