PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report: Hollywood Poker First Anniversary Party

Los Feliz Slim
11-10-2005, 11:46 AM
It was at a club in Hollywood last night. I don't go out on weekday nights if it can be avoided, and NEVER to clubs, so I didn't enjoy it. Notable events:

- Vince Van Patten introduced the "Hollywood Poker Calendar Girls". There were at least 50 women in the place more attractive than these girls. One's [censored] looked like they were about to explode, killing us all.

- After the introduction of the girls, a check for about $19,000 was presented by Vince and Dennis Quaid to the Red Cross for hurricane relief. Nice gesture, but one of the most awkward moments I've ever seen on stage.

- There were about 8 items in a silent auction, all of which were bad. I was hoping for some good poker stuff, but the most interesting item, by far, was a signed Warren Moon jersey. I think that says a lot.

- Poker celebrities: Amir Vahedi, David Williams, Chad Brown

- Other celebrities: Shannon Elizabeth (who's ex-husband was about 10 feet away), Josh Malina, Janel Maloney, Willie Garson, [censored] Van Patten, Scott Baio, Jeff Ross, lots of people from reality shows, the guy Britney Spears married for 18 hours. I'm sure there were more that I didn't know or came after I left.

Edit: Wow, the standard word for the things on a woman's chest is censored. How about "[censored]"? Holy crap, [censored] is censored but [censored] isn't. That's odd.

Edit 2: Nope, [censored] is censored too. How about [censored]?

Edit 3: I guess all the typical words for fun-bags are censored. Fascinating. OK, I'm done now.