PDA

View Full Version : SB v BB Hand

11-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Middle of the stars 180 sng (~90 people left). I'm sitting with 6500 (around 20th place). I have been picking my spots to pick up blinds and I am chip leader at the table. the table has been rather tight as well. I have also slow-played a couple of monster hands recently and picked up some big pots in the showdown. Blinds are 30-60.
Hero has Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in SB
Folded to SB
BB has ~4000 and has been quite tight
I decide to call (a mistake, i know, i thought about raising and trying to take it down, but i thought i could take it down on the flop)
BB checks
flop comes Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
i check
BB bets 100
I bet 450
BB calls
turn comes J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet 675
BB goes all in
What do you do here?
Comments on any other street would be helpful
Results in white:
<font color="white">
I call
He has K hearts 4 hearts
River comes a 4 and im down to ~2500 </font>

schwza
11-10-2005, 12:16 PM
is there really a 30/60 level on stars?

i would lead out on this flop. there are a lot of cards that you don't want to see.

given that you didn't, i think you played it fine as long as you folded to the push.

Rizen
11-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Lead this flop as schwza already said. That flop is way too coordinated and your hand is not strong enough to risk a free card here.

I actually think not raising this PF is just fine with your holding, and I don't think I can call the all in from the BB on that turn (although if I knew he had K4h it's an easy call).

All in all, lead that flop for ~150. The C/R ended up building too big of a pot for you with a mediocre holding which made your play on future streets (esp out of position) very difficult.

-Rizen