PDA

View Full Version : from a live game, an awkward situation

gumpzilla
11-10-2005, 10:46 AM
A friend of mine has been hosting a weekly $10 NLHE tournament. Attendance is usually 12-16 people. On the night in question, payout structure is 75-45-30-10. I'm reasonably certain I'm the best player there.

I'm up from the table getting a beer, so when there are three limpers to my BB - MP, who is a loose/passive calling station, and button and SB, who I don't really know yet - I check blind from the kitchen. Same thing on the flop, but then MP bets 100 (blinds are 10/20, there was 80 in the pot. I have ~1600 behind, I don't remember other stacks but I think a couple of these guys had <1000). Button calls, SB minraises to 200. I get back to my seat and see a flop of 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I look at my cards: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Oops.

What do you do?

(EDIT: There are probably about 13 people left, and 7 people total at my table.)

durron597
11-10-2005, 10:48 AM
I would make it 600 and fold to a push unless you think these guys will overplay top pair. What an ugly situation.

schwza
11-10-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm up from the table getting a beer

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I check blind from the kitchen

[/ QUOTE ]

there should be more threads like this. i'd move in here. you're going to get called by Jx a lot. if your home game is anything like the home games i play in, i'm not folding this unless there are 4 spades on the board, so we may as well get it in now. along those same lines, you're going to get called by a 1-pair hand.

schwza
11-10-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would make it 600 and fold to a push unless you think these guys will overplay top pair. What an ugly situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

a couple of the dudes have under 1k. you're essentially pushing to them, so i'd just push and deny the bigger stack odds.

durron597
11-10-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a couple of the dudes have under 1k. you're essentially pushing to them, so i'd just push and deny the bigger stack odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, I missed that. That makes it much more awkward IMO. Maybe call and get it in on any safe turn? Or just push now.

kevkev60614
11-10-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm not folding this unless there are 4 spades on the board,

[/ QUOTE ]

You're folding the nut flush? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I like to push here.

schwza
11-10-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm not folding this unless there are 4 spades on the board,

[/ QUOTE ]

You're folding the nut flush? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I like to push here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i find that when there are 7 cards on the board, you don't want to be the one holding the nuts. makes people suspicious.

kevkev60614
11-10-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i find that when there are 7 cards on the board, you don't want to be the one holding the nuts. makes people suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche.