PDA

View Full Version : 3 handed final table.

11-10-2005, 10:38 AM
PokerStars Game #xxxxxxxx: Tournament #xxxxxxxx, Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (600/1200) - 2005/11/10 - xx:xx:xx (ET)
Table '14705318 2' Seat #2 is the button
Seat 2:(22494 in chips)
Hero /images/graemlins/frown.gif28162 in chips)
Seat 8:(28844 in chips)
Hero : posts small blind 600
Seat 8: posts big blind 1200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [9d Ac]
Seat 2: raises 3000 to 4200
Hero : raises 7800 to 12000
Seat 8: raises 16844 to 28844 and is all-in
Seat 2: folds
Hero : ?????

there's no need to ask, it's not Ace high and chances are it's not Aces. i have to call right?

blinds are too big to seat around w/ 15k right?

betgo
11-10-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars Game #xxxxxxxx: Tournament #xxxxxxxx, Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (600/1200) - 2005/11/10 - xx:xx:xx (ET)
Table '14705318 2' Seat #2 is the button
Seat 2:(22494 in chips)
Hero /images/graemlins/frown.gif28162 in chips)
Seat 8:(28844 in chips)
Hero : posts small blind 600
Seat 8: posts big blind 1200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [9d Ac]
Seat 2: raises 3000 to 4200
Hero : raises 7800 to 12000
Seat 8: raises 16844 to 28844 and is all-in
Seat 2: folds
Hero : ?????

there's no need to ask, it's not Ace high and chances are it's not Aces. i have to call right?

blinds are too big to seat around w/ 15k right?

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is no need to ask, why ask? You have to call. Not because you don't want to be a short stack, but because you are pot committed.

Why did you make the small reraise rather than calling or pushing? Was the purpose to represent a big pair? Once you reraise, either your opponent folds or all the money is going in, either when he pushes or on the flop.

11-10-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If there is no need to ask, why ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was referring to the strenght of my opponent's hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you make the small reraise rather than calling or pushing? Was the purpose to represent a big pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

pushing seems a little ace highish or small pp. i wanted him to feel like he was dominated or pop him on the flop. maybe he'll fold a bigger ace than mine.

schwza
11-10-2005, 12:07 PM
you have to call 16k to win a total of ~65k. calling against AT-AK is almost exactly neutral chipEV. against 99-KK is slightly positive. against AA is obviously a disaster. against anything else it's hugely positive to call.

is there any chance that villain has 88 / A8 / KQ / air? i don't think so. i fold.

betgo
11-10-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you have to call 16k to win a total of ~65k. calling against AT-AK is almost exactly neutral chipEV. against 99-KK is slightly positive. against AA is obviously a disaster. against anything else it's hugely positive to call.

is there any chance that villain has 88 / A8 / KQ / air? i don't think so. i fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-handed, there is plenty of chance of 88/A8/KQ or lower. Plus it is only slightly EV- if you are always dominated. Easy call.

Maybe it is not a good idea to reraise an amount hwere you have a fairly close decision as to whether to call a push.

schwza
11-10-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3-handed, there is plenty of chance of 88/A8/KQ or lower

[/ QUOTE ]

88 might be possible, but if BB is horrible enough to push A8/KQ, i would hope that OP has noted his fishiness and would have mentioned it. also, i think 88 gets folded most of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus it is only slightly EV- if you are always dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm at work, but i'd be curious a poker stove calc against the range A9 vs 99+/AT+. i'm also pretty unexcited about taking a neutral chipEV gamble.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it is not a good idea to reraise an amount hwere you have a fairly close decision as to whether to call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i would just push.

betgo
11-10-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3-handed, there is plenty of chance of 88/A8/KQ or lower

[/ QUOTE ]

88 might be possible, but if BB is horrible enough to push A8/KQ, i would hope that OP has noted his fishiness and would have mentioned it. also, i think 88 gets folded most of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus it is only slightly EV- if you are always dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm at work, but i'd be curious a poker stove calc against the range A9 vs 99+/AT+. i'm also pretty unexcited about taking a neutral chipEV gamble.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i would just push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you, but I am not folding 88 or KQ to a reraise 3-handed. I gather you are assuming villain is very weak./tight.

schwza
11-10-2005, 12:47 PM
ok, i looked back at the situation, and i think that i would fold 88/KQ, but i don't think it's nearly as sure that an unknown villain would.

so i agree, call the push.

betgo
11-10-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, i looked back at the situation, and i think that i would fold 88/KQ, but i don't think it's nearly as sure that an unknown villain would.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are weak/tight.

schwza
11-10-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are weak/tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you want to cross book a few tourneys, pm me or post here.

EverettKings
11-10-2005, 02:04 PM
I don't think you can raise half your stack and fold to a push. If so, you don't need A9o to do that, since it's no better than a pure bluff. I mean if he does anything but fold youre in a [censored] of a spot.

Had this guy been overly active? There's no shame in looking at a flop here. Stacks are really bad for this resteal (as you can see), and folding is not a good idea 3way with A9o, so.... I call.

Everett

betgo
11-10-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can raise half your stack and fold to a push. If so, you don't need A9o to do that, since it's no better than a pure bluff. I mean if he does anything but fold youre in a [censored] of a spot.

Had this guy been overly active? There's no shame in looking at a flop here. Stacks are really bad for this resteal (as you can see), and folding is not a good idea 3way with A9o, so.... I call.

Everett

[/ QUOTE ]

I push. Stacks are right for a resteal. You have some FE.