PDA

View Full Version : 3-way Question

BoxTree
11-10-2005, 09:56 AM
3-handed, Commerce 20/40 (Unlikely for any sustained period of time, but we managed to play for two hours.)

Button raises in the dark every time (eh...every time he has the button).

I'm always in the big blind here.

Small blind almost always 3-bets or folds.

When SB folds, aren't I correct to call with any two cards since I'm getting 3.5:1?

And shouldn't I only be 3-betting with hands that have a clear equity edge against any two random cards? Since the button can't re-raise if I just call (remember, this is a dark raise and NOT a live straddle) and isn't going anywhere if I 3-bet, I think this is my preflop game.

Assume that he's equally good (or bad) as me postflop.

This look good?

stigmata
11-10-2005, 12:05 PM
That's how I would play it, but I would fold the very worst hands. No idea if this is right though....

waffle
11-10-2005, 01:36 PM
i don't see how you can fold any hand here.

not sure about 3betting though. i'm in the camp of never 3betting, but checkraising the flop instead, but that idea seems to be getting a lot of heat around here lately.

BoxTree
11-10-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's how I would play it, but I would fold the very worst hands. No idea if this is right though....

[/ QUOTE ]

32o has 32% equity against a random hand. I don't think my positional disadvantage is great enough to turn even this hand into a fold.

11-10-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think my positional disadvantage is great enough to turn even this hand into a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure is. The implied and reverse implied on this kind of hand is terrible, and the later's even worse OOP.

BoxTree
11-10-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think my positional disadvantage is great enough to turn even this hand into a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure is. The implied and reverse implied on this kind of hand is terrible, and the later's even worse OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

All things considered, I'm still not convinced that bad position, implied odds, and reverse implied odds make 32o a fold here.

Even if my opponent can have two overcards and an OESFD on the flop to my lowly pair, I still think it's worth seeing such a flop when I'm getting 3.5:1 preflop.

11-10-2005, 04:30 PM
The fact that he's always going to have at least 6 outs to pass wasn't what I was getting at (though there's that too). What I meant is you'll often throw some chips at him when you make your hand and you're behind and rarely win anything when you're ahead. If this were NL and you were getting 3.5:1 in the BB to call some shortstack's push then that'd be fine, but the situation's different here.

BoxTree
11-10-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I meant is you'll often throw some chips at him when you make your hand and you're behind and rarely win anything when you're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's also true of a great many hands that are much, much better than 32o.

11-10-2005, 04:41 PM
It's true with every single hand. It's just about 50x more extreme with 32o. If you make a pair what can he pay you off with? If he's resilient after the flop and you can't be sure you're behind how are you going to handle his action? You're going to have to pay the max to get it to showdown with the least information OOP.