PDA

View Full Version : Buying a term paper online

HitHard69
11-10-2005, 04:56 AM
Anyone ever buy a term paper online....I got one due Friday morning and haven't started the book... Any sites you'd reccomend?

BCPVP
11-10-2005, 04:57 AM
Are you in high school or college?

HitHard69
11-10-2005, 05:02 AM
Sophmore in college

kurosh
11-10-2005, 05:10 AM
I did for $100 and it was [censored] terrible. It's a bad idea.

scott8
11-10-2005, 05:13 AM
As someone who has sat on an Academic Integrity board, I would highly advise against it.

Sponger15SB
11-10-2005, 05:13 AM
If you want something good, you can pay someone to write it for you for like $20 a page. There are sites online that do this. Too bad its too late and you're [censored] and buying premade term papers are [censored] garbage.

Btw, I have done neither.

housenuts
11-10-2005, 05:21 AM
i sold one of my old papers to some dude on OOT last year for $100. it was about 8-pages and i think he got a B on it.

MyTurn2Raise
11-10-2005, 05:22 AM
nice avatar...no, they cannot take that away from you

11-10-2005, 05:59 AM
The purpose of college is to actually learn something and develop your intellectual skills. By buying a term paper online you will not learn anything except people sell a lot of crap on the internet!

thatpfunk
11-10-2005, 06:49 AM
what book? how much are you willing to drop? how long does it need to be?

housenuts
11-10-2005, 07:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The purpose of college is to actually learn something and develop your intellectual skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. it is to get a piece of paper that says you are smart so you can show it to employers to get a job.

11-10-2005, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The purpose of college is to actually learn something and develop your intellectual skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. it is to get a piece of paper that says you are smart so you can show it to employers to get a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is a misconception. You cannot be a [insert job title here] without learning something about [insert course of study applicable to your job here]. That little piece of paper is worthless w/o the knowledge behind it. If you went to [insert name of school here] and put it on your resume, got hired, and turned out to be a complete dumb [censored], you're gonna get fired.

That being said, you do not have to go to college or receive formal training for all careers to be succesfull. But you still have to know something about what you're doing.

But if you are going to go (i.e. pay or have someone else pay for) college you should sure as hell get something out of it. Even if you cannot recall everything you learned in college, if one applies oneself, college gives you the analytical skills you need to be succesfull.

JihadOnTheRiver
11-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Your parents did a very poor job and should be, although are probably not, truly ashamed of you.

-Jihad

pokerdirty
11-10-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is a misconception. You cannot be a [insert job title here] without learning something about [insert course of study applicable to your job here]. That little piece of paper is worthless w/o the knowledge behind it. If you went to [insert name of school here] and put it on your resume, got hired, and turned out to be a complete dumb [censored], you're gonna get fired.

That being said, you do not have to go to college or receive formal training for all careers to be succesfull. But you still have to know something about what you're doing.

But if you are going to go (i.e. pay or have someone else pay for) college you should sure as hell get something out of it. Even if you cannot recall everything you learned in college, if one applies oneself, college gives you the analytical skills you need to be succesfull.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost willing to bet this is some book that was written 1000 years ago by some stoned dude on the Med. I'm sure that will help him in his marketing job 8 years from now.

Los Feliz Slim
11-10-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think that is a misconception.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
You cannot be a [insert job title here] without learning something about [insert course of study applicable to your job here]. That little piece of paper is worthless w/o the knowledge behind it. If you went to [insert name of school here] and put it on your resume, got hired, and turned out to be a complete dumb [censored], you're gonna get fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, except college doesn't make you smarter. It's one long test to determine how smart you are. An incredibly small number of people I know actually work in a field anywhere close to their college major.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I think most people should be English majors, or history majors, or something that will help them with their ability to communicate and give them some perspective on the world around them.

In this case, the OP is going to learn that pre-written papers on the internet bite [censored]. Hopefully, he will also learn that writing any length of paper on any subject in 24 hours is possible if you're determined enough.

LittleOldLady
11-10-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which is why I think most people should be English majors, or history majors, or something that will help them with their ability to communicate and give them some perspective on the world around them.

In this case, the OP is going to learn that pre-written papers on the internet bite [censored]. Hopefully, he will also learn that writing any length of paper on any subject in 24 hours is possible if you're determined enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

After 30 years of teaching English majors, I agree completely.

To the OP:

Alhough you may think it is unlikely or impossible, your instructor will almost certainly be aware that you turned in something you yourself did not write. He or she may bust you or may not bother to make an issue and just mentally put a black mark by your name. But I assure you, turning in a canned paper will be obvious. I used to enjoy busting the sniveling little cheats, watching them try to lie their way out of it, only to end up weeping in my office and blowing their noses in their t-shirts. I remember one instance where a cheater was going to graduate the following week--until he got an F for cheating in my (required) course. His parents were already on their way from China to attend the ceremony. I hope they had a nice family visit. I considered any attempt to cheat a direct insult to my intelligence, and I cut no slack, zero.

I am absolutely on the side of those who work hard and do their best, even if their best isn't that terrific. Pull an all-nighter and write something.

tdarko
11-10-2005, 12:42 PM
many universities (not sure about high school) have computer programs that actual scan for papers that are bought over the internet.

my best friend actually went to a college that used this and what he did was just found the program off the internet and would still buy the paper online, then would change words in the paper and scan the paper through the program and keep changing words in the paper until the program didn't recognize the paper anymore. next thing you knew it he had an "original" paper.

Freakin
11-10-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
many universities (not sure about high school) have computer programs that actual scan for papers that are bought over the internet.

my best friend actually went to a college that used this and what he did was just found the program off the internet and would still buy the paper online, then would change words in the paper and scan the paper through the program and keep changing words in the paper until the program didn't recognize the paper anymore. next thing you knew it he had an "original" paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incredibly important. I think the programs are really designed to compare two student papers, but most of them will query online databases as well.

On a side note, I've paid someone to write a paper exactly once, and that was because it was a much better use of my time to work and make money than it was to read a stupid book on calvinism and write a book report.

I think buying a paper someone else could have gotten their hands on is just asking for trouble.

I think that aside from the content of the courses you take, higher education is supposed to teach you to prioritize and keep deadlines. The extra knowledge you from random classes is pretty irrelevant in your every day life.

Freakin

edtost
11-10-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right, except college doesn't make you smarter. It's one long test to determine how smart you are. An incredibly small number of people I know actually work in a field anywhere close to their college major.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because college DOES make you smarter - it's about getting an education and learning how to think, not about job training.

VarlosZ
11-10-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right, except college doesn't make you smarter. It's one long test to determine how smart you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're using the most static definition of "intelligence" imaginable, that's simply not true. I learned more about thinking rationally in college than at all other times combined, and I learned it by doing the work. Those times when I didn't do the work (which were not infrequent), I just took the F.

phil_ivey_fan
11-10-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I was going to mention this. Be careful...3hours of work isn't worth risking expulsion

jthegreat
11-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Have you written any papers for this professor before? If they've read previous work by you, it'll be seriously [censored] obvious that you didn't write this paper. Especially if (and this seems likely), you're a [censored] slacker who can't write worth a crap anyway and you suddenly turn in an A or B paper.

tdarko
11-10-2005, 02:21 PM
there are websites on the internet that can take care of this for you, you tell them what grade you want and they print you out a paper that had previously recieved the grade you asked for (so if you are a "C" student, you are covered).

one of my best friends was known as "the king of cheat" at college, he is a 2p2'er but he never posts. this guy has so many tricks up his sleeve its unbelievable. now he is a cop.

DeezNuts
11-10-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.

Of course, it is what you make out of it. Cheat if you want, but don't blubber about it when you get caught. You make the choice, it's a slippery slope.

DN

CollinEstes
11-10-2005, 03:44 PM
I had to turn in a term paper in my 2nd year in my honors English class. I did some research but then I went to Mega Essays.com and paid 15 bucks and downloaded like 30 seperate papers on my topic. Spent an hour with Copy/Paste and revising into my own language. I got an A. No problem. Make sure you just change up the language. It really isn't that hard to do.

CollinEstes
11-10-2005, 03:48 PM
I think some of the blame for cheating should be put on the teachers. When they don't change their tests from year to year what do they think is going to happen. They are lazy so what do you expect the students to do? I had one course my junior year that I walked into each test with a scantron already filled out.

thabadguy
11-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Find the geekiest kid in class..and tell him ull get him laid if he writes it for you.
Then get him a hooker.

RustedCorpse
11-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Don't buy online. Most schools nowadays if they're worth their salt have an account all professor's can access. Furthermore anyone over the age of 15 can generally tell if you wrote something with only one or two previous examples to guide him as to your language and syntax.
What's the paper on? I'm an enlgish major and have quite a wide range availible or can help you BS a bit or give you my notes.