PDA

View Full Version : Sites

11-10-2005, 04:14 AM
I looked at the post in the anthology that compared the round length and the blind percentages of the starting stacks per round, and it appears partypoker is the best.

I've played on pokerroom for about a year now, and I do very well at the rings but the tournaments have been giving me some trouble. Tonight I finally ended a slump and cashed 23rd out of 330.

I've noticed most of the better players play tournaments are pokerstars and partypoker...

My question: If I am going to take some of my bank out from pokerroom and put it on a different site exclusively for MTTs, which site should I put it on? Right now im leaning towards party.

Im an adaptable player but I lean towards a more conservative style of play, as I am a natural ring game player.

And the buy in ranges are around 10-20 $ MTTs.

JustPlayingSmart
11-10-2005, 06:32 AM
Party is generally thought to have more fish, but in $10-$20 tourneys I don't think there will be much difference in the quality of play. After the first break on Party, the opening 1000 chip stack has 10xBB. After the first break on Stars, the opening 1500 chip stack has 10xBB. So, the structures are not much different in terms of playability.

ilya
11-10-2005, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party is generally thought to have more fish, but in $10-$20 tourneys I don't think there will be much difference in the quality of play. After the first break on Party, the opening 1000 chip stack has 10xBB. After the first break on Stars, the opening 1500 chip stack has 10xBB. So, the structures are not much different in terms of playability.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a definite difference later on. At the end of the third hour, the starting Party stack is 0.67xpot. The starting Stars stack after 3 hours is 0.49xpot. Fourth hour - Party, 0.17...Stars, 0.13.
IOW Party offers more play in the later & especially the middle stages of MTTs.

odiggity
11-10-2005, 07:53 AM
i used to play at pokerroom a lot too. however, i notice u get short stacked quite quickly, so recently ive been playing more at PS, fulltilt and ultimate bet. check out the deep stack tourneys at PS; they have a 5000 starting stack and 30 min blinds--pretty cool huh(although i put in about 11 hours in the only 2 ive played and didnt make a dime). thanks for mentioning party; it reminds me that ill have to play some tourneys there, because my gut tells me there r more fish there then at PS

11-10-2005, 09:48 AM
An important question to ask is what your bankroll is looking like for MTT play? Stars has a higher number and wider variety of lower limit tournaments than Party does, so if you are considering depositing less than $1000 then you might be best off playing on Stars. Not only that, but Stars has recently proven to me that they are the tops out there thanks to their superior customer support. In addition, I greatly prefer the tournament structures on Stars in nearly every aspect. The only fault I have with their system is the lack of a dead dealer/small blind when one of those players is eliminated as it can (and often does) give an unfair advantage to a player by not making them pay a big blind in a round.

I prefer the tournament schedule and structures on Stars much more than on Party. I guess the best advice is to take a look at the different tournament structures they both offer before making a decision and do what you're doing here - ask for input.

Sam T.
11-10-2005, 10:00 AM
FWIW, you can work off a deposit bonus playing MTTs on Stars, but not Party.

11-10-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, you can work off a deposit bonus playing MTTs on Stars, but not Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem here is Stars does not offer a signup bonus nor do they offer regular reload bonuses like Party does. Stars announces them infrequently, usually during a period where they are running qualifiers to larger live events, in an effort to drive more money into their satellites.

However when you DO get a bonus to clear on Stars you can allow multiple bonuses to stack and they do not expire. They sit in a queue and as you clear one you can start to work on the next. As infrequent as they offer bonuses, though, you won't have a queue of them unless you are a very infrequent player.