PDA

View Full Version : Elitists

03-27-2002, 02:26 PM
Check this one out. In my home state of Washington, we are faced with the highest unemployment rate in the country, a 1.6 billion dollar budget shortfall, and this is what our honorable Senators choose to squawk about. Unbelievable!

03-27-2002, 03:00 PM
Now would be the time to run for the legislature if you are interested. If your district has one of the people who signed off, they are a prime target. I saw this in our paper about a week ago; it has been publicized a bit. Here, the legislators have to seek lunch in public with the unwashed masses, although they are often with lobbyists and the like. Doesn't seem to be a problem for them.

03-27-2002, 03:43 PM
I hear ya ripdog, our Senators really showed their true colors on this one. They should make them all eat in Evergreen dining halls.

KJS

03-27-2002, 04:54 PM
Why don't you run? Might be interesting. We could get some 2+2ers in office. You can win if your opponent signed off on this thing with your WTO stance and an aggressively funny campaign on the dining hall issue.

03-27-2002, 05:52 PM
My friends have threatened to put me up for City Council for years. I might have actually done it but they are all at-large positions, which bugs me. I could been strong in my own neighborhood (Capitol Hill), maybe. At large, forget it.

Honestly, I am not going to last much longer here. The job scene is just terrible, and I have a master's degree and good experience. Luckily my girlfriend and I manage an apartment building so our rent is $0. Otherwise, I woulda moved long ago. I think I'm going to play poker and camp and fish all summer then find a new home, probably overseas.

KJS