PDA

View Full Version : Live 4/8 hand: 62

BigBrother
11-09-2005, 11:20 PM
4 handed. Lady to my right just busted out so I post BB on Button.

BB is semiloose pf, pretty solid, if a little weak/tight postflop.

UTG is a quiet kid, a bit loose, a bit passive post flop, seems straightforward.

I have been very aggressive recently as the game got shorthanded and I hit a rush of good cards.

I am dealt 62.

UTG calls, CO folds, I check, BB checks.

3 to the flop (3SB): J 6 4 r

UTG checks, I bet, BB calls, UTG calls

3 to the Turn (3BB): 2 (still rainbow)

UTG checks, I bet, BB folds, UTG Raises, I pause and just call.

2 to the River (7BB): 6

I intend to put in the last Bet (capped at 4 here).

SlyGuy
11-09-2005, 11:37 PM
and why are you posting this?

11-10-2005, 12:54 AM
its capped when its headsup? gay

BigBrother
11-10-2005, 02:47 AM
Does that mean you agree with my line?

I post hands mostly in SS because I've played mostly full-ring. I thought since this is 4-handed it makes sense to post here. I am starting to play more SH games so I intend to become more active in this forum.

I post hands to get opinions, to share reasoning, hand reading, and improve at LHE. I try to post just the hand and relevant background information in the OP because asking specific questions or giving specific reasons in the OP tends to color the reponses rather than encouraging a fresh perspective.

Flop seems standard.

Turn: I'm not sure what's right here. I tend to be pretty aggro with 2P in a 4-handed pot, but my read is this guy can beat top pair so I can't be too happy with only having the baby 2-pair. Once he c/r's the pot is 7BB so I can't see folding.

River: Once I fill up I of course like my hand and there is obvious value in a raise since J2 or 53 will certainly pay me off....but once he 3-bets...is there really value in a cap?

I think there might be since he won't fold for one more and he can't 5-bet me.

But a turn c/r followed by a river 3-bet and I've got to start considering J6 or 46. No way this guy is slowplaying JJ.

What's your line UI on the river? I expect him to bet and I call down.

PS - The 4-bet cap is consistent throughout WA State.