PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone even play the $33s anymore?

davehwm
11-09-2005, 10:58 PM
I rarely see anyone post here about the $33s anymore. Has it been determined that they're not fishy enough, or something? I remember when I was still playing the $11s folks always complained about the multi-tablers at the $33s and recommended going straight to the $55s. Is that accurate at all?

Anyway, I just moved to the $33s. See you there (maybe).

Pasterbator
11-09-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm at the $33s, tho i've taken some time off to play cash games. Im usually 4 tabling and I find them relatively easy. GL in your quest.

davehwm
11-10-2005, 12:41 AM
While the evidence is purely anecdotal (I've only played ~100), I'm honestly shocked at the level of play. I see maybe one or two solid players more than at the $22s, but all around the competition seems horrendous. I'm not making any predictions, but let's just say I'm confident.

11-10-2005, 12:48 AM
I am hoping to be there in 2 weeks maybe. I started with the $20 games last week and I am winning money. I don't think the $30 will be much harder and I hope to move past this to the $50 games not long after starting these. That is my big plan /images/graemlins/grin.gif

davehwm
11-10-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am hoping to be there in 2 weeks maybe. I started with the $20 games last week and I am winning money. I don't think the $30 will be much harder and I hope to move past this to the $50 games not long after starting these. That is my big plan /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Drop me a PM, maybe we can hit up some $33s together.

11-10-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hello yes, I will do this and we can help each other ok??

Bluff Daddy
11-10-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/confused.gif

davehwm
11-10-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a deal. We can't collude or anything, but maybe we can look over each other's hand histories. I'll save you a spot directly to my right.

11-10-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a deal. We can't collude or anything, but maybe we can look over each other's hand histories. I'll save you a spot directly to my right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we have the deal!

zipppy
11-10-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we have the deal!

[/ QUOTE ]

and then later hold hands. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

davehwm
11-10-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we have the deal!

[/ QUOTE ]

and then later hold hands. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to hold his hand all the way up to the $215s next month!

zipppy
11-10-2005, 01:28 AM
gl with that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

davehwm
11-10-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
gl with that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Unoriginalname
11-10-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll save you a spot directly to my right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, do you play kind of tight-weak in the beginning? Do you almost always fold your blinds to pushes 5 and 4 handed?

If so, count me in on this action!

davehwm
11-10-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll save you a spot directly to my right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, do you play kind of tight-weak in the beginning? Do you almost always fold your blinds to pushes 5 and 4 handed?

If so, count me in on this action!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my subtle attempts at humor (and not so subtle attempts) weren't quite picked up on. Oh well.

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

11-10-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My exact thoughts, also. As soon as I read the posts, I thanked the poker gods that I left the 33's far behind.

11-10-2005, 02:51 AM
No, its too crowded.

nthn2fancy
11-10-2005, 03:33 AM
I play the 33s during peak hours and the play is harder than the 22s, but not by much. I find that bubble play is just as easy, my main problem is I am no longer able to take over when its down ITM. But I do see some people over and over.

tigerite
11-10-2005, 05:39 AM
There's loads of donks at the $33s. There's loads of them at the $55s too.

PartySNGer
11-10-2005, 05:55 AM
I've played quite at a bit at both the 33s and 55s and oddly enough my ROI is quite a bit better at 55s. I don't know if it's the style of play at 33s or what, but this is the case for me.

Ixnert
11-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Used to play mostly $33s before the Party split, moved down to the $22s intending it to be temporary while I was transferring money back into Party and found the games so enticingly juicy (immediately following the split) that I just stayed (it also coincided with a period when I wasn't able to devote many hours to playing, so having an easier game for those times when I could was appealing). The games seem to be coming back to normal a bit (just easy, rather than ridiculously so), so I might move back up to the $33s soon, and/or maybe give the $55s a shot.

zambonidrivr
11-10-2005, 11:44 AM
i stopped playing $33's after I discovered the $55's. The $55's are easier than play money tables

Eevee
11-10-2005, 11:46 AM
I thought this was gonna be a g00t beat post. Disappointing.

-EV

Current Music: None

Hornacek
11-10-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a n00b. trade me tmac.

11-10-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

g00t post!

EarlOfSandwich
11-10-2005, 12:36 PM
I only recently started playing STTs. I've been mostly a no-limit cash game and MTT player over a couple years now. My feeling has been that the MTTs are the best in terms of profitability and a gap in skill level, but I just don't have time to play them anymore.

I started with the 22s, and was at first pretty shaky. I wasn't at all sure I'd be a winning player, but after a few (and lots of reading here) things started to clear up.

I decided to take a stab at the 33s just last Sunday. I was in the midst of a good run at the 22s, and I figured I'd probably have my coming statistical downturn as soon as I moved up. Not so, still running quite good.

It looks to me like the 33s are more filled with "poker players" -- e.g., folks who think they know something about poker and who have played a bit -- but that they don't understand specific STT strategy. They're tighter than the 22 guys, but that turns out to be a big mistake. It's correct in the early going, but if you don't know how to push your chips around late, then you're very exploitably wrong. These guys seem to get "frozen" as they try to watch themselves go up the pay scale.

Of course, some of them are savvy. But I'm surprised how many seem uncomfortable in the late going, whether it's on the bubble, final 3, or heads-up. I often lose a big hand, am nearly crippled, and they still let me back into it through stealing.

It may just be because I'm running good, but the 33s almost seem easier than the 22s.

Now that I've said that, I'm ready for Lady Luck to give me a swift kick to the rear end. I'm due.

good2cu
11-10-2005, 01:44 PM
I play_g00t showed up right after megabet was banned and has 117 posts in like 4 days, all of them troll posts. someone needs a life.