PDA

View Full Version : New to MTT's and new to live play...

RED FACE
11-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Never played a live MTT and only played a little live ring games but I have played a heck of a lot of online NL ring games profitably. I'll be playing in a big live nl holdem tourney soon and am looking for some quick basic advice. Never read a book on tourney play or nl play and wont get a chance to.

My plan/thoughts:
1) Only play strong hands up front while trying to limp w lots of drawing hands late.(if later in tourney and I'm below average stack I guess I wont be able to limp late with drawing hands so much and will have to start jamming strong hands up front-is this correct?)
2) If I hit hard with a made hand in late position(2 pair or better) and get bet into on a somewhat coord flop I will look to push trying to present a draw and get tptk like hands to call me all in.
3) Have a very very high degree of confidence that I will win the pot before committing much of my stack esp early in a hand.
4) Later in tourney blind steal and bluff blind stealers esp if I have worked up a pretty tight image.
5) That's about it, any suggestions?

thanks a lot

TheBlueMonster
11-09-2005, 09:50 PM
you've got some good basic strategy but don't pigeon hole yourself like with [ QUOTE ]
2) If I hit hard with a made hand in late position(2 pair or better) and get bet into on a somewhat coord flop I will look to push trying to present a draw and get tptk like hands to call me all in.

[/ QUOTE ]
there are times to do this and players you can do this with. Some times slowplaying would work better....