PDA

View Full Version : AA heads up vs TAG

irishpint
11-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Absolute 3/6 6max BB is 19/10/2.2 over 400 hands or so

Folded to me in the SB I raise red AA and get 3bet. I cap. Flop is 979 with 2 spades I bet he calls. Turn is 3 of Spades I bet and he raises. 3bet or call down? Call and lead a safe river (non spade, non straight card)?

admiralfluff
11-09-2005, 09:49 PM
3 bet. I think he's got KK/QQ here a lot.

irishpint
11-09-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 bet. I think he's got KK/QQ here a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i gave him too much credit for a hand (a nine or a flush) and called and then was planning on c/c the river. he checked behind w/ A high. Had I 3bet can I fold to a cap or the river UI? I think if we cap the turn then Im seeing a showdown heads up w/ this hand.

Monty Cantsin
11-09-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I think if we cap the turn then Im seeing a showdown heads up w/ this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're seeing a showdown regardless of what happens on the turn.

/mc

wdcbooks
11-10-2005, 12:41 AM
I don't recall ever failing to see showdown with AA heads up. I don't plan to change that policy anytime soon. You really need to assume he doesn't have a nine or a flush. Both hands are far less likely than a good overpair or even AK heads up. You need to take whatever line that gets the most bets in at any cost. I would only slow down if a four flush came on board.

MINETZ
11-10-2005, 01:36 AM
3 bet and go to a river, tags love to play overpairs liek this, it also matters what your image is at this point in time.

SparkyDog
11-10-2005, 01:48 AM
I checkraise the turn pretty frequently here. It'll get ya three BB's when he's got an overpair and he puts two in while drawing if he has a spade. A-high bets this turn so he can check behind on the river, and so do lower pocket pairs. But when you checkraise him he'll call the turn and sometimes river.

If it whiffs, I'd probably just bet out on the river. If he doesn't bet out on the turn, he's probably got king or queen high.

oreogod
11-10-2005, 02:09 AM
you are so good here often. What hand is a guy with those stats 3betting that has a 9 in it...except of course 99. Unlikley he 3bets w. A9s.