PDA

View Full Version : roachmony on party (berating in the chat)

pfkaok
11-09-2005, 08:41 PM
so, i just started playing some STTs today, and there's been quite a bit of berating in the chat so far. is this common in the Sit and goes?

at the $109 level so far roachmony was by far the worst. he had tightish stats, so if you are in fact a 2+2er roach, please grow up. usually when people berate me i just let it slide, or maybe make some joking comment, like "yep, i do suck, don't worry, you'll get all my money soon" or something like that. but sometimes people are so persistent that if i'm not playing too many games i'll take a few minutes to tell them how stupid they are, and how its very pathetic that they're so insecure and arrogant that they feel the need to show everyone how smart they are by insulting others' play.

is this increadibly immature of me to respond to these morons from time to time? i know its not very productive, but sometimes its ammusing to me to see just how irrationally and moronically they react. also, sometimes i can gauge just how stupid they are by what they say, and that can help to play against them. usually when somebody resorts to callingg me a "stupid FAAG" thats a sign that they're pretty high up on the [censored]/moron scale, and usually those guys share traits in the way they play.(at least in LHE and MTTs so far in my experience, so there's no reason to think STTs would be different for them)

pfkaok
11-09-2005, 08:45 PM
oh, sorry, i meant to post this in STTs.

same goes for MTTS though too.

11-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Sometimes I get frustrated and respond. It's usually -EV though, I think.

pfkaok
11-09-2005, 09:06 PM
yeah, i figured that it probably is -EV to respond in terms of image, and future play, but sometimes i get fed up, and when i'm not playing too many games to make it hard to play i give in sometimes.

earlier today it was quite funny in a MTT though. a few people got on my case for being a moron. then one of them was like, hey his stats on PokerDB are pretty good. then the gy making fun the most was trying to retract, and started saying, "well i didn't say you weren't good, but....".

it was just so funny/pathetic how even after he clearly knew that he was wrong about me sucking, he still felt the need to try to talk his way out of it, and show that he wasn't wrong. its just interesting how horribly stubborn some people are. and how insecure they are that they can't do something as simple as play a game of poker without having to get into a peni$-waving-i'mSmarterThanyou type debate to boost back up their egoes after they lose a big pot.

downtown
11-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Typically if it's a multitabler, I will go to another table of mine that they are on and tell them to chill out. For example, yesterday a player starts explaining that the other player's move was so -EV... blah blah blah.

On the other table, when I was like WTF dude? He said, I just hate playing against bad players. I said, "Yeah," and just left it at that. It was a total waste of my time. Meh.

11-09-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Typically if it's a multitabler, I will go to another table of mine that they are on and tell them to chill out. For example, yesterday a player starts explaining that the other player's move was so -EV... blah blah blah.

On the other table, when I was like WTF dude? He said, I just hate playing against bad players. I said, "Yeah," and just left it at that. It was a total waste of my time. Meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hate that stuff. Good players at the table with me suck enough EV away from me without going ahead and correcting the play of other idiots at the table. Granted, it doesn't usually convince them, but why risk it. I prefer "nh" to "Bad call".

pfkaok
11-09-2005, 09:36 PM
yeah. but i prefer nothing to "NH", as online it can often look like a sarcastic insult. at least live you can say nice hand, and if you don't look pissed off then people won't take it the wrong way.

btw, i do'nt know why i'm so stupid that i thought this was in MTT at first. i deserver an "lol moron" for that one. this is my final sign to tell me not to post while multitabling. i'm just not that talented at multitasking.

GtrHtr
11-09-2005, 09:47 PM
OMG you suck you fish.

Like that?

11-09-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah. but i prefer nothing to "NH", as online it can often look like a sarcastic insult. at least live you can say nice hand, and if you don't look pissed off then people won't take it the wrong way.

btw, i do'nt know why i'm so stupid that i thought this was in MTT at first. i deserver an "lol moron" for that one. this is my final sign to tell me not to post while multitabling. i'm just not that talented at multitasking.

[/ QUOTE ]

It got moved /images/graemlins/smile.gif. The mods work in mysterious ways (and very quickly; nice work.

Anyway, I say "gh" after every all in and every hand in which I VP$P and "gg" after every player busts. It forces me to pay attention, and I think it's +EV in general because it makes me look professional and intimidating (at least I'd like to think that).

pfkaok
11-09-2005, 10:20 PM
well, i'm glad the mods moved it, b/c i was pretty sure i saw it in the other forum right off, and i was startin to think i was going a bit crazy.

saying gh is probably good practice, and i do actually give that, or an "nh" after most allin hands regardless of how i lost. but now i'm beginning to think the best +EV play is to just be silent. make 'em think i'm a bot. that way people might not play so unpredictably in spots where they think i'm tilting or whatever.