PDA

View Full Version : (22) Defend BB?

golfcchs
11-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG (t3105)
Button (t1705)
SB (t1450)
Hero (t1740)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t300

Hero?

What play do you make? This feels like an obviouse steal to me, but I dont really like pushing 10 BB's here.

codewarrior
11-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Fold. If you don't feel like it's your spot, it probably isn't.

{Jedi}
Trust your feelings...
{/Jedi}

golfcchs
11-09-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

{Jedi}
Trust your feelings...
{/Jedi}

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I feel like my hand is a favorite againt his raising range, but I dont know if the 450 chips I get will make up for the times he actually has a hand. What would it take for you to defend here? Would you defend if the BB was to 200?

pineapple888
11-09-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

{Jedi}
Trust your feelings...
{/Jedi}

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I feel like my hand is a favorite againt his raising range, but I dont know if the 450 chips I get will make up for the times he actually has a hand. What would it take for you to defend here? Would you defend if the BB was to 200?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a big dog against many, if not the majority, of the hands in his range. You are a slight favorite against the rest.

I will leave it to you to draw the correct conclusion.

11-09-2005, 08:55 PM
This is the easy fold. Well done on folding. This is how I play and it is g00t. In the $20 game A2 is very weak.

golfcchs
11-09-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

{Jedi}
Trust your feelings...
{/Jedi}

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a big dog against many, if not the majority, of the hands in his range. You are a slight favorite against the rest.

I will leave it to you to draw the correct conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize this, but I also see this default raise into the BB in attempt to steal the pot. Donks do this all the time because they know you probibly dont have a hand, but are to scared to risk their whole stack on it.

How high would the blinds have to be for you to make this play?

pineapple888
11-09-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How high would the blinds have to be for you to make this play?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the blinds were higher, Villain would be pot-committed, so it wouldn't be a re-steal.

At the 22s, I'd have to be down around 5xBB to go to war with this hand.