PDA

View Full Version : QTo button

baronzeus
11-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Raise or call turn? Both opponents fairly aggressive and decently good at poker.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (7 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $30.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero

me454555
11-09-2005, 07:30 PM
I think you can raise this, it smells like TP weak kicker and I think you're ahead of BB and the pot is big enough where you wouldn't mind eliminating him

Spicymoose
11-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Just call. You are most likely behind here, yet still have a chance. BB probably isn't going anywhere, as he likely has a flush draw.

TStoneMBD
11-09-2005, 09:24 PM
i just call because you are going to be 3bet a good portion of the time and neither folding nor calling is a good option when that happens. if you are 3bet you will be drawing to a live 2 pair a decent amount of time so by folding you are passing up on equity and by calling you award him an extra bet. hes representing a better hand than yours so i would call.

even if youre ahead at this point raising doesnt generate much folding equity because the BB isnt really getting priced in at excellent odds with alot of hands as it is. granted a call is going to be correct for him with alot of holdings but his equity isnt very significant unless hes holding a flush draw.

mperich
11-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Raise and fold to a 3bet. Im not sure if I call a river donk from MP2 or not...pretty close but probably. Also I probably take the free showdown here, since you say MP2 is decent. You want to charge a flush draw, and get hands with 5 outs to fold. Possibly hands with a gutshot and a pair as well or some such hand. Id say if you get 3 bets ur drawing to 3 outs half the time and drawing dead probably the other half, so thats my reasoning for a fold. Tough hand.

-Mike

Surfbullet
11-10-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just call because you are going to be 3bet a good portion of the time and neither folding nor calling is a good option when that happens. if you are 3bet you will be drawing to a live 2 pair a decent amount of time so by folding you are passing up on equity and by calling you award him an extra bet. hes representing a better hand than yours so i would call.

even if youre ahead at this point raising doesnt generate much folding equity because the BB isnt really getting priced in at excellent odds with alot of hands as it is. granted a call is going to be correct for him with alot of holdings but his equity isnt very significant unless hes holding a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

sup bro,

If you think our villain's likely holding is a raggy 2 pair hand when we get 3bet, then call it and fold the river UI. Raising is preferable IMO to protect our hand what is now a pretty big pot, plus our equity vs the turn donker's range is good as well.

Surf