PDA

View Full Version : Party Points...

11-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Anyone use these things? I know they can be used for MTT's under "Special" tourneys, but I never use them.

The tourneys pay out so little that it seems less-than worth-my-time.

I have like 12,000 points accumulated and most of these things only charge like 500 points. I told my GF she can use them if she wants but she isn't that in to poker. Certainly not enough to play for 3 hours straight.

What else can these things be redeemed for?

Thanks in advance.

Sam T.
11-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Virtual drinks from virtual waitresses?

If I can't find another tournament, or just want to donk it up, I'll use them in the Party for Free Sats. I think you can get shirts and stuff like that, but could be wrong.

11-09-2005, 07:22 PM
post deleted.

sling mud elsewhere please.

SharkBait
11-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Points can be used for shirts, hats, jackets or a somewhat cheesy Party Poker poker table cover that goes over a card table. I think you need 15K for the table.

JustPlayingSmart
11-09-2005, 09:06 PM
If you get 15k points, you can enter a winner take all tournament for the Party Poker Million V. I played it yesterday. There were 130 entrants, so the EV was about $100. I didn't think the play was much better than the normal tournaments I play.

Last year, a little while before the cruise, they had the Party til you Cruise promotion, where if you already had a certain number of points (30k, I think), if you earned like 20k points within a week, you could buy a cruise for 50k points. Microbob did this to get his cruise, and the guy who got 4th in the WPT event did the same. You can't get the necessary points playing MTTs, so if you don't play limit cash games this is not for you. Microbob played 10/20 6-max, and you can play that or 15/30 or 30/60 -- if they have this promotion again. Microbob said switching from Empire to Party for this promotion cost him about $1000 in rakeback I think.

11-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll probably just keep all my points and wait for something cool to come along. I've already got 12K.

BTW, where did you hear about all these promos?

JustPlayingSmart
11-09-2005, 09:36 PM
I read the Zoo (Internet forum) a lot last year. Also, there are popups for the 15k PPM V tournament, and I look at the special tournaments tab on Party.