PDA

View Full Version : AA MP2

baronzeus
11-09-2005, 07:05 PM
no real reads. i havent datamined much yet, and PAHud isn't working yet anyhow (waiting for my license code). Both players are pretty aggressive from what I can tell though.

Also, should I cap flop?

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (7 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $30.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (10.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Alobar
11-09-2005, 07:30 PM
I like it.

I dont cap the flop for the same reason you didnt raise it, why knock out anyone who is drawing thin? your cap is going to scare the hell out of them if they dont have a Q, and if they do, you are fooked

istewart
11-09-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont cap the flop for the same reason you didnt raise it, why knock out anyone who is drawing thin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this be a lot better on a QQ7 board than here though? Seems like T9, JT are all being just about priced in here by not raising.

Alobar
11-09-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont cap the flop for the same reason you didnt raise it, why knock out anyone who is drawing thin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this be a lot better on a QQ7 board than here though? Seems like T9, JT are all being just about priced in here by not raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 guy getting 8-1 to draw to 4 outs on a paired board? Sure it would be better on a QQ7 board, but im not gunna spend alot of time worrying that he might have exactly T9 or JT

TheMetetron
11-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Looks good.

beachbum
11-09-2005, 09:06 PM
I assume you're bet-folding either big street?

Schizo
11-10-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1 guy getting 8-1 to draw to 4 outs on a paired board? Sure it would be better on a QQ7 board, but im not gunna spend alot of time worrying that he might have exactly T9 or JT

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what other hands (besides pocket pairs) do you put him on?

spydog
11-10-2005, 04:43 PM
What worse hand is calling this river? Is this a 'blocking bet' so that the BB doesn't raise you off the best hand if CO decides to stab? I don't really get it......

baronzeus
11-10-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What worse hand is calling this river? Is this a 'blocking bet' so that the BB doesn't raise you off the best hand if CO decides to stab? I don't really get it......

[/ QUOTE ]

im guessing pretty much any pair will call on the river.

spydog
11-10-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im guessing pretty much any pair will call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the likelihood that someone bluff-raises this river if they are thinking about calling with a pair? Are you calling a raise?

11-10-2005, 04:55 PM
3 way on such a coordinated board that river bet sucks. Even HU I don't like it much.

spydog
11-10-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm curious about your flop thinking.

I normally raise this flop. If CO coldcalls 2 on the flop then I can make an easier fold on the turn if he raises, which gets me off fairly cheap. If CO overcalls, then what is your plan on the turn? Do you raise and fold to a 3-bet? Doesn't a flop call/turn raise fold out hands that might have been prepared to showdown? Doesn't calling the flop scare a normal player more than raising? Don't you tie the BB to a showdown by raising and possibly get him to 3-bet a worse hand on this flop by raising?

baronzeus
11-10-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 way on such a coordinated board that river bet sucks. Even HU I don't like it much.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a guy to act behind me. He won't bet an 8 or 9 or 10 but will definitely bet a J if checked to. Bluffing on this board after all the action in a 3way pot is also very unlikely. Also, the first guy checked to me. We are unknowns to eachother and I'd say it's fairly likely he will bet into the field with a with the fear that it gets checked through. It's also possible that he'll call me with any pair.

I don't see how you can give them credit for a jack based on the previous streets' actions.

11-10-2005, 05:17 PM
A slowplayed queen spooked by the river card is also possible. Or two pair since the board is so coordinated. I might well be a puss in these situations, but seeing a showdown here is a must and I don't want to put in 2 BBs to do it.

Equally important, since the board is so coordinated there just aren't many hands weaker than yours that will call even one bet here. You say that any pair might call but that can't be right -- he'd have to put you on either an underpair or exactly AK. It's highly unlikely that even one opponent would make that call with less than a Q, let alone that both will, meaning that the most you stand to win is 1 BB, for which you are effectively risking 2 BBs (assuming you call if raised).

Finally, checking might induce a worse hand to bet when it wouldn't have called a bet, so you may well win more by checking when you do have the best hand.

istewart
11-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Hock, we beat all two-pair hands.

oreogod
11-10-2005, 05:44 PM
If u think u can get them to call u down after CCing the last two bets on the flop go for it. Otherwise, unless of course they are LAGS or unthinking players, they will shut down on the big streets, but I dunno, if all they have is an 8 or something, I wouldnt think to highly of them if they called u down to the river. Either way u are good super often on that flop.

Although it is possible one of them might semibluff the turn, if it was anyone my money would be on BB and I dont think he will make another run at u after u CC his flop 3bet...especially if CO calls your turn bet.

As far as river, if any of them had the J Id put money on the BB (by making the turn call), but his check makes it less likely...so Id prolly bet. But I already forgot what the board was, im so tired. Been up all night and morning.

11-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I realized that after I posted. I'm extra dopey today after having some dental work done.

ErrantNight
11-10-2005, 06:40 PM
mind explaining the first flop call?