PDA

View Full Version : Loaning Money

11-09-2005, 06:47 PM
First off, Im a complete idiot...but thats not the point.

I loaned money to a girl whom I had met while playing cards..at this point it was a couple hundred bucks.

She then went home as she lives out of state.

During this time we spoke every day (multiple times most days)

She then returned to visit again, and had yet to pay me back again it was only a couple hundred bucks...but during the course of this new stint she ends up running the total up to A COUPLE OF THOUSAND DOLLARS plus a hotel bill of A COUPLE THOUSAND DOLLARS.

I wasn't concerned because I verified through numerous people she knows that she is fairly well off, almost to the point this money may be insignificant to her.

The problem is that I'm having much difficulty at this point to get the money returned to me. We no longer talk as often either which also has a bearing on this...I would be more than happy to get my money and move on (I've been blown off before) but can't due to my financial investment here.

My questiong is what is the best way of getting the money back....I was gonna go with the waiting outside of her house in the creepy I flew cross country to get my money back without telling you kinda way.

To make matters worse NO RELATIONS OCCURED! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

asofel
11-09-2005, 06:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/asofel/pwned.jpg

4_2_it
11-09-2005, 06:51 PM
What you did is wrong on so many levels.

I can understand loaning $200, but backing it up with thousands is downright idiotic. The fact that she doesn't seem to care indicates to me that you will be lucky if you get anything out of her.

Your only resort is to start harassing her and her parents if necessary.

I will let others comment on the lack of relations part as I feel it would be unfair for me to do so without pictures.

11-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Parents not an option...she is on her own

And I know it was stupid, just kinda happened..little bit at a time out of my roll and poof its thousands

4_2_it
11-09-2005, 06:54 PM
What is she doing to run up the bills? Just staying and visiting you?

11-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Assorted...Dinners (in which she stated would pay for)..Hotel, Gambling, Shopping, Spas

Im such a jack ass

RunDownHouse
11-09-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assorted...Dinners (in which she stated would pay for)..Hotel, Gambling, Shopping, Spas

[/ QUOTE ]
You were paying for her company. Sorry you didn't realize it.

Sponger15SB
11-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Was this chick a prostitute? Seriously be honest.

4_2_it
11-09-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Im such a jack ass

[/ QUOTE ]

You have been played. Obviously don't let her extract any more out of you. Harassment is your only hope, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a check.

Live and learn. Put it behind you. Everyone does stupid things in life, just don't dwell on it and don't make it a habit.

Good luck.

11-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Not a prostitute....and she is well known in the circle of people I know here....and all of them give good recomendations in regards to her financial stability.

11-09-2005, 07:04 PM

jaydub
11-09-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not a prostitute....and she is well known in the circle of people I know here....and all of them give good recomendations in regards to her financial stability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure she's well off, people like you keep giving her thousands.

RunDownHouse
11-09-2005, 07:07 PM
You needed an option for something like less than 10%. I could see her making a token payment of something like $100, but you aren't going to get anything substantial.

4_2_it
11-09-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure she is not a prostitute. Sounds like you found yourself a Paris-wannabee.

JonPKibble
11-09-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My question is what is the best way of getting the money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

SIIHP a few times, and call it even.

rocketlaunch
11-09-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Financially stable people rarely need to borrow money for dinners/drinks/hotels on multiple occasions.

The Goober
11-09-2005, 10:32 PM
I think you've got two choices and they are both sorta desperation plays.

The first is intimidation - threaten her with a lawsuit. You shouldn't actually need a lawyer to file a suit in small claims court, but having one always helps. Unfortunately, it sounds like you don't have any documentation, so your only hope here is that she's too stupid to realize this (and if she bilked you out of this much money, she's probably not stupid).

The other option is to play on her sympathy. Make up some sob story about why you really need the money and hope she takes pity on you and pays at least some of it back. What's your pride worth?

Arnfinn Madsen
11-09-2005, 10:38 PM
First of all, you have to say to her very clearly that you need this money back within two weeks. Call her the day after the deadline. If she then says tomorrow, call her again in two days. Keep the pressure up. If she understands that you are not going to let it go, she will pay you.

mostsmooth
11-09-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Im such a jack ass

[/ QUOTE ]
only if you didnt bang her

jaydub
11-10-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The first is intimidation - threaten her with a lawsuit. You shouldn't actually need a lawyer to file a suit in small claims court, but having one always helps. Unfortunately, it sounds like you don't have any documentation, so your only hope here is that she's too stupid to realize this (and if she bilked you out of this much money, she's probably not stupid).

The other option is to play on her sympathy. Make up some sob story about why you really need the money and hope she takes pity on you and pays at least some of it back. What's your pride worth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, my second option would be ask yourself, what would Ike Turner do.

11-10-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Law suit is out of the question and sympathy is not my style...the intimidation factor is what Im leaning to...I'm a rather large individual whom can use that to my advantage...I like the Chili Palmer in Get Shorty sitting int the living room watching TV middle of the night scenario til she wakes and I ask where my dang money is...I think thats intimidating enough

FouTight
11-10-2005, 10:41 AM
what, you going to beat her up?

you acted like a moron, you got played out, move on, I'm sure she has.

And without any documentation, it's going to be hard for you to prove it was a loan and not a gift anyways, appears as though you are SOL to me.

SheetWise
11-10-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
... she is well known in the circle of people I know here.... and all of them give good recomendations in regards to her financial stability.

[/ QUOTE ]
No doubt. They've seen how she lives. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

11-10-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe I would personally assault her, but Im sure she has some nice things that she considers valuable to her.

And I never claimed to be mentally stable!

FouTight
11-10-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe I would personally assault her, but Im sure she has some nice things that she considers valuable to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you also never claimed to be flat out retarded, which you clearly are.

So you are saying you are going to use your large size to break stuff of value to her, all because you got suckered?

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

11-10-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you also never claimed to be flat out retarded, which you clearly are.

So you are saying you are going to use your large size to break stuff of value to her, all because you got suckered?

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

[/ QUOTE ]

Why break something I can sell?

11-10-2005, 12:20 PM
UPDATE:
In a discussion I had with the individual owing me the cash..."Picking up checks today and should be able to get it out to me today or tomorrow" Or "Will possible be in town this weekend and will bring the money with"

eastbay
11-10-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UPDATE:
In a discussion I had with the individual owing me the cash..."Picking up checks today and should be able to get it out to me today or tomorrow" Or "Will possible be in town this weekend and will bring the money with"

[/ QUOTE ]

Next up:

"So she came back out but there was a small problem with the money that will be resolved soon. The total is now up to $25k. Should I be worried?"

eastbay

4_2_it
11-10-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UPDATE:

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is obvious, but it needs to said in plain language. Do not spend one red cent on her if she comes to town. Even if she hands you a check, do not provide her a bankroll, you need to make sure the check will clear.

Good Luck.

ChipWrecked
11-10-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Next up:

"So she came back out but there was a small problem with the money that will be resolved soon. The total is now up to $25k. Should I be worried?"

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed. I'm loving this thread.