PDA

View Full Version : 109s - A9 Hand

Unarmed
11-09-2005, 06:37 PM
Button has been quiet.
My image is solid.
Every street is debatable, but I think the turn bet size is the only interesting part of the hand.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Button (t900)
SB (t1005)
BB (t1595)
UTG (t970)
UTG+1 (t855)
MP1 (t990)
MP2 (t895)
MP3 (t815)
Hero (t1975)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t75</font>, Button calls t75, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (t195) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t125</font>, Button calls t125.

Turn: (t445) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>

ace_in_the_hole
11-09-2005, 06:56 PM
This makes me think I am far from being able to beat the 109's I couldn't fire that 300 on the turn but I am minute winner so maybe this post should inspire my game.

11-09-2005, 06:56 PM
I agree every street is debatable, that's A9 for you.

On the turn 300 seems like a reasonable bet size but checking is also an option IMO.

pineapple888
11-09-2005, 07:00 PM
I have no real reaction to this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, ~0EV. A reasonable play at the 109s, wouldn't do it at lower limits.

Irieguy
11-09-2005, 07:02 PM
How come you don't like having chips early in a SNG?

Preflop raise sucks, but whatever.

Flop bet would be fine if there was a chance you had any of it (or actually did)... but when you get caught with your pants down, this isn't the right flop for a c-bet to have any chance.

Turn is as bad as I've ever seen you play... you have to rate to see his last 700 chips here over 90% of the time.

Pattern Recognition Tip:

If a shortish stack cold-calls the big stack's preflop raise, he rates to have a hand that he thinks he can trap with. If he had big cards or a big pair, he would want to get 'em in as soon as possible. So, this preflop action is small pairs, connectors, and suits a LOT of the time. Unless he has 9-10c, this board hit him and he's trying to milk you.

That's how you know to give up on the turn.

Irieguy

sofere
11-09-2005, 07:21 PM
I love your posts unarmed...always very thought provoking.

If I'm villain, I'd have you on a midpair (88-TT), scared of the overcard. I also think button has high cards...AT-AK, KJ,KQ. Given that he's been tight so far, I think A2-A6 can be discounted somewhat.

Given this combination I don't really like the turn bet. There's a good chance the Queen helped him and even if it didn't, he may want to make a move here with a scare card on the board since he still has some fold equity.

I think this might be a good place to check/raise or check/fold leaning more towards check/fold.

pineapple888
11-09-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How come you don't like having chips early in a SNG?

Preflop raise sucks, but whatever.

Flop bet would be fine if there was a chance you had any of it (or actually did)... but when you get caught with your pants down, this isn't the right flop for a c-bet to have any chance.

Turn is as bad as I've ever seen you play... you have to rate to see his last 700 chips here over 90% of the time.

Pattern Recognition Tip:

If a shortish stack cold-calls the big stack's preflop raise, he rates to have a hand that he thinks he can trap with. If he had big cards or a big pair, he would want to get 'em in as soon as possible. So, this preflop action is small pairs, connectors, and suits a LOT of the time. Unless he has 9-10c, this board hit him and he's trying to milk you.

That's how you know to give up on the turn.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah. If Villain's good, this is all true. But is he necessarily good? Why couldn't Villain just be chasing?

Been a while since I played the 100s, maybe they've gotten better...

raptor517
11-09-2005, 08:25 PM
well played. i make it like 85 though. holla

tewall
11-09-2005, 08:34 PM
The thing that most struck me was the PF raise. Was that size raise working at your table to knock people out? Seems too small.

HoldingFolding
11-09-2005, 10:25 PM
I kind of agree with Irieguy about the CB, but the Q's great for you, I play the 55s, but a 'standard' player would probably lay down if he didn't have Queens or better?

bigt439
11-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Meh.

With no reads I see no reason for it to go down like this. I'm with Irieguy (what an easy road to take). I just don't see it working out enough for you really on any street, but it gets worse and worse as you go along.