PDA

View Full Version : Big pot with 55

Spicymoose
11-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Button here is 33/16/1.5 after a substantial range. UTG was a 22/18/4, but only after 20 hands. No stats on the cold caller.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

11-09-2005, 06:05 PM
i think this is the only line you can take, trying to get fancy just gives freecards you cant give. nh

11-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Your position really sucks. I still don't have the right feel for these spots. What's most important, I think, is that you have to be pretty confident that you could fold the majority of the field on the flop or you're just going to spew out a ton of reverse implied.

Edit: fold preflop

Cerril
11-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Is this coldcall standard for anyone else? It seems pretty loose, even with a poor UTG/MP. I'd be folding here with this roughly 100% of the time.

Spicymoose
11-09-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this coldcall standard for anyone else? It seems pretty loose, even with a poor UTG/MP. I'd be folding here with this roughly 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting somewhere between 3:1 and 4:1 immediate odds usually, which means I need to make up about 4 BB post flop on average if I hit my set. I think this happens often enough against a UTG preflop raiser and an EP cold caller. Also, I often have position, and can easily be ahead even without hitting my set.

kidcolin
11-09-2005, 06:54 PM
The problem with those immediate odds is of course what happened in the hand: You weren't last to act and it got 3-bet. I'd be OK with it if you were on the button and the both blinds were of the defend with anything multiway camp. In this spot I muck.

I do like your post flop play, though. Leading was the best move. With any luck Button will raise with a worse hand, figuring you for a draw, and put the pressure on UTG.

Cerril
11-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah, the postflop play seems right on. Preflop though I don't like what it takes to make up those 4-6SB that you're lacking, even provided the button, SB, and BB don't reraise and cut your odds even further. Between reverse implied odds from UTG and the coldcaller, and the chance you're already behind to a middle pocket pair (or an actual good hand), I'd think hitting a set would be necessary most of the time here to win.

I still don't like the PF call but after that I'd say it's played just fine.