PDA

View Full Version : avatar-less regulars

chuddo
11-09-2005, 04:29 PM
any reason you never opted to add an avatar?

i am talking about people like Blarg, flawless_victory, etc. there are many others but these are two off the top of my head.

11-09-2005, 04:31 PM
chuddo whos your avatar

ZBTHorton
11-09-2005, 04:32 PM
I don't know if I qualify as a regular, but I am just too lazy to get an avatar.

chuddo
11-09-2005, 04:35 PM
my ex girlfriend.

or Alessandra Ambrosio. i get the two confused.

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-09-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
chuddo whos your avatar

[/ QUOTE ]
Alessandra Ambrosio (http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&q=alessandra+ambrosio&spell= 1). Now, get a damned avatar!

11-09-2005, 04:39 PM
ehh? I had the perfect avvy, but mat disallowed it, and so I never got another one.

I was gonna go with dancing megaman, but eh.. I just need a suggestion.

turnipmonster
11-09-2005, 04:42 PM
I have my prefs set not to display avatars so I never see any of them.

11-09-2005, 04:43 PM
He's lying, mat made it so he cant have any till he uses shampoo!
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MonkeeMan
11-09-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ehh? I had the perfect avvy, but mat disallowed it, and so I never got another one.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.monsterlandtoys.com/video/Giant%20Behemoth.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-09-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now this is just silly. How do you know who anybody is?

spamuell
11-09-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too at college because too many people have like ridiculously large file size animated avatars and I'm quite careful about the amount of bandwidth I use as I obviously do stuff I'm not allowed to on the internet and I don't want to draw attention to myself.

11-09-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.monsterlandtoys.com/video/Giant%20Behemoth.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap thats amazing. How would I go about shrinking it?

tdarko
11-09-2005, 04:51 PM
PM the avatar master.

istewart
11-09-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too at college because too many people have like ridiculously large file size animated avatars and I'm quite careful about the amount of bandwidth I use as I obviously do stuff I'm not allowed to on the internet and I don't want to draw attention to myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://boifromtroy.com/archives/orwell_1984.jpg

11-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Oh, and I would like to put in a request to the guys at the 2+2 photo album put that in as mine... because to truly behold the ferocity of the behemoth would smite men's hearts...

or something. yeah.

SomethingClever
11-09-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly I have to do this as well, thanks to the proliferation of boob avatars a while back. Not good for work.

jesusarenque
11-09-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just stupid. I realize that many people identify posters via avatars, but are you saying that you really can't comprehend how someone could identify people without avatars? Are you saying it is impossible to identify people by reading the names? You are a clown. Go post a picure of some cow [censored] somewhere.

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-09-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just stupid. I realize that many people identify posters via avatars, but are you saying that you really can't comprehend how someone could identify people without avatars? Are you saying it is impossible to identify people by reading the names? You are a clown. Go post a picure of some cow [censored] somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does it hurt to sit with that huge stick up your ass?

schwza
11-09-2005, 05:06 PM
i might be the winner for most posts w/ no avatar (but not in oot). i'm just kinda lazy.

coffeecrazy1
11-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Define regular...is that me?

If so...I had an avatar, but then it wouldn't work anymore, and I'm a tard when it comes to computers.

MelK
11-09-2005, 05:07 PM
I am more bothered with regulars who never ever ever change their avatar.

jesusarenque
11-09-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does it hurt to sit with that huge stick up your ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you are so clever. Almost as clever as cowshit.

xorbie
11-09-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WPOTD.

tdarko
11-09-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WPOTD.

[/ QUOTE ]
easily, and that's saying a lot.

ddubois
11-09-2005, 06:07 PM
I never bothered to add an avatar till a few weeks ago. Part of me feels avatars (and sigs, especially large ones) are ostentatious and poor form. I'm not sure why I added mine when I did -- a moment of weakness given my personal stance. Then, a week or so after adding one, I turned avatars off so I no longer see them. There's some delicious irony there.

TheWorstPlayer
11-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Laziness. And I don't want to have to try to come up with something unique or cool and then have to change it and then change it again. As I said: laziness.

Edit: Schwza, I have you beat for most avatarless posts, although you may be registered longer, I'm too lazy to check.

Jack of Arcades
11-09-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WPOTD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, that was a hell of a post. I'm so [censored] glad people stopped posting the same goddamned picture over again in response to a post. Patrick and Dynasty were the main offenders.

Blarg
11-09-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

chuddo
11-09-2005, 06:24 PM
blarg, you should add a courtesy avatar for those that do have them turned on.

personally i would not enjoy the forums as much with avatars off for some reason.

diebitter
11-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Whose got the best/worst avatar then?

I don't like streetz's (sp?) one (the metal teeth) and Peachy's fairy.

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-09-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WPOTD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, that was a hell of a post. I'm so [censored] glad people stopped posting the same goddamned picture over again in response to a post. Patrick and Dynasty were the main offenders.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. You two are way too high strung for your own good. I made a joke referencing the topic of whether you know someone by their avatar or just screenname, a topic that comes up in here about once a month. Yeah - I really can only tell who I'm talking to by their avatar. Then, all of a sudden, someone doesn't get it and everybody's panties are all up in a twist over the [censored] cowshit picture? This is the stupidest [censored] I've ever seen. When is the last time you've even seen that stupid thing? I probably wasn't even one of the top 3 people posting it - there were all kinds of people posting it, but somehow it's my signature reply according to you. Yeah, it was stupid, but that was the point. How long are you going to hang on to this crap? Get over it. Even women don't hang on to crap this trivial for as long as this.

schwza
11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Schwza, I have you beat for most avatarless posts, although you may be registered longer, I'm too lazy to check.

[/ QUOTE ]

noooooooooo!!!!!!

TheWorstPlayer
11-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah, registration you beat me by a long shot, which was my guess. Don't worry, though, Blarg kills us both in posts.

MyTurn2Raise
11-10-2005, 05:20 AM
I hate avatars that have long animations as they suck up too much of my time

oreogod
11-10-2005, 05:26 AM
I like animated avatars.

spamuell
11-10-2005, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Vavavoom
11-10-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam - Yours doesn't make sense now u are not Spamuell ?

private joker
11-10-2005, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I never bothered to add an avatar till a few weeks ago. Part of me feels avatars (and sigs, especially large ones) are ostentatious and poor form. I'm not sure why I added mine when I did -- a moment of weakness given my personal stance. Then, a week or so after adding one, I turned avatars off so I no longer see them. There's some delicious irony there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand -- but I do like your avatar; very funny. The gay Christian with the mail order Filipino prom date beard. Very nice hand.

DeezNuts
11-10-2005, 06:26 AM
Being avatar-less is old school.

DN

diebitter
11-10-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, why. Mine is too cool to change. Ever!

cnfuzzd
11-10-2005, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<ahem>

FUNOOB

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
11-10-2005, 07:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

who the [censored] are you?

peace

john nickle

krazyace5
11-10-2005, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any reason you never opted to add an avatar?

i am talking about people like Blarg, flawless_victory, etc. there are many others but these are two off the top of my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just added my avatar about a month ago. Guess I didn't realize how easy it was to add one.

tonypaladino
11-10-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate avatars that have long animations as they suck up too much of my time

[/ QUOTE ]

god I hate you, and want my 5 min back.

spamuell
11-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Sam - Yours doesn't make sense now u are not Spamuell?

Yeah, but if I changed it at the same time that I changed my name, no one would have any idea who I am now.

Anyway, the avatar has been around long enough that it's going to stay for the foreseeable future.

durron597
11-10-2005, 10:45 AM
I dunno, I didn't have an avatar for a long time until I actually took the time to find one I liked.

I mean, I suppose I could have gone for the standard "hot chick" avatar, but I really felt that was too overdone.

Of the top of my head, I like PPdelGrande's avatar (since it was the first more cowbell avatar, at least that I saw), and Shajen's is pretty funny, and of course Eurotrash's.

spamuell
11-10-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, the avatar has been around long enough that it's going to stay for the foreseeable future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I used the qualifier "foreseeable".

JihadOnTheRiver
11-10-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whose got the best/worst avatar then?

I don't like streetz's (sp?) one (the metal teeth) and Peachy's fairy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny those were the exact two I was thinking of. As far as best there's a couple good ones out there. Honestly, I still laugh at least twice a day looking at my own avatar. Almost pathetic as laughing at your own jokes, but so be it.

ddubois
11-10-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The gay Christian with the mail order Filipino prom date beard.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped understanding at "beard". The sentence parses such that "mail order Filipino prom date" is an adjective for beard, but I don't see how a beard could be "mail order Filipino prom date"-esque? And moreover, noone in the picture has a beard.

Anyway, this joke has been done, and better, albeit on a different forum. Props on recognizing my wife as a Filipina though; the last joker referred to her as Chun Li in his bit.

B Dids
11-10-2005, 08:46 PM
You don't know what a beard is in this context do you?

ddubois
11-10-2005, 08:52 PM
No?

After I posted, I realized maybe it was some kind of slang, but my search on wikipedia only brought up this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard).

ddubois
11-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Oh, I see it now. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_%28female_companion%29)

BadBoyBenny
11-10-2005, 09:10 PM
I don't read my own posts. I don't really look at other people's avatars anyway.

Rduke55
11-10-2005, 09:39 PM
This post finally motivated me to get one.