PDA

View Full Version : River Question (1/2 Paradise)

MycroftX
11-09-2005, 03:14 PM
What action is correct to take on this river?

The game has about 5 callers on every flop. Loose/passive players, The only player who is really good folded before the flop.

Thanks in advance, I'll be curious to see comparing to what I actually did.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="blue">1 fold[/i]</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="blue">1 fold[/i]</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="blue">2 folds[/i]</font>, CO calls, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="blue">1 fold[/i]</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="red">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="red">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (10.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="red">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets, CO calls, <font color="red"> Hero...</font>

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Bradyams
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Don't overcall this.

It's highly unlikely you can beat someone who is betting, and another who is calling. It's likely MP1 has a slowplayed ten, or an eight, and the CO could have any of those or a pocket pair, or another ace which you only split with.

KaiShin
11-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Hit the dump button.

MrWookie47
11-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Closing the action, I could see calling this. However, I'm not thrilled about the overcall, and I'm really not excited about two people behind me. At the time of this decision, I'm praying for a chop, not a win. I fold.

11-09-2005, 03:19 PM
folds. With that many players, any T (2 of them) or 5 (2 of them), 8 (3 of them), or PP &gt;66, beats you here.

edit: thought it was checks around on the river

Redd
11-09-2005, 03:21 PM
I'd check behind on the flop. This isn't really a happy place for UI overs IMO.

MycroftX
11-09-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the time of this decision, I'm praying for a chop, not a win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was thinking. With the five on the river, I figured I'm splitting this with an ace at best.

MycroftX
11-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Clearly the move I did make was incorrect.

I did get lucky on this one though. I called, BB and UTG+1 both folded, MP1 had AQo, Cutoff had KQo.

In the future I won't call in a similar situation. Right after I made the call I thought "that was really largely lucky, probably should'nt have done that," wanted to be sure.

thanks again.