PDA

View Full Version : BB flops OESD in raised pot with two lp posters.

TripleH68
11-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Posters are both new to the table.
I admit I am lost on this hand.
<font color="green">Can somebody throw me a line please? </font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="gray">4 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP3 (poster) raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="gray">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

TheKentock
11-09-2005, 01:32 PM
I don't see what's wrong with c/c the turn and seeing if the river hits your hand.

Is there a more nuanced line that I'm missing?

numeri
11-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Why did you bet the flop?

I check the flop and go from there.

midwestkc
11-09-2005, 01:35 PM
I check/call this...I probably would have folded PF, but I like the way you played it. Check/call hope to hit your hand, go for the check/raise unless it's a club.

WalkAmongUs
11-09-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have folded PF, but I like the way you played it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably would have folded this PF as well. Anyone else? I'll complete the SB with this hand and 3 or 4 limpers but is it worth calling another big bet with?

I'm curious.

irishpint
11-09-2005, 01:54 PM
7:1 on the flop is fine to complete, especially w/ our position which you ddn't use!

c/r the flop when MP3 bets.

milesdyson
11-09-2005, 02:00 PM
check call flop, check call turn, check fold river.

if you ever hit your straight, bet or raise.

droolie
11-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Your pf call is pretty loose but you have great position oif the pfr so I guess I like it.

Don't lead the flop. You're not winning this hand with a flop bet. You can C/R if it comes back to you with the crew intact otherwise just C/C.

What can you do on the turn besides checking and calling? There's nothing else to do. You now need to hit your str8 to win this hand. If CO checks it through he's most likely got a flush draw or 5. Play the river scared if the flush draw hits at the same time your str8 does.