PDA

View Full Version : I've never seen anything like this before...

ZootMurph
11-09-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm bored and a little worn out on the daily 5/10 grind, so I join in a 5+1 MTT on Party, just for the fun of it. I'm in the SB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif. 2nd round of the tournament, I have been splashing around and getting nothing. 4 players call, I call, BB checks. Pot 120, 6 people to the flop. Flop is J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I have a pair and a flush draw, nice. So I bet 100, I have 420 left after the bet. The BB, who has been overwhelmingly aggressive, raises enough to put me allin, 520 total. ALL FOUR OTHERS call. Well, the pot is too sweet to fold... well, isn't it? I'm sure I'm beat, and I'm sure someone else must have a flush draw, which would have to be bigger than mine. But I can't fold this, can I?

Anyway, I call. River is 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, the board has not paired, and I am a happy camper. Everyone goes all in on the river... I mean, EVERYONE. 6 players allin.

So, board shows: J/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif

Shown down are:
SB(me) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif
BB(aggressive player) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP1 K/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif
MP3 A/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif
CO 9/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif
Button 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I probably should have folded the flop when everyone called. Unfortunately, a decent raise preflop by MP1, as he should have done, would have kept me in the tournament /images/graemlins/smile.gif But I was mostly amazed by seeing 4 flushes with only 3 suited cards on the board. I've never seen this before. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

JC_Saves
11-09-2005, 12:48 PM
that is amazing that everyone had clubs.

But the amazing thing to me is that you played this past the flop. I mean you don't have that great of a hand, yes a small pair that means nothing, and a flush draw that is not very good. With this much action you had to give someone else a flush draw as well.

Big timei trap hand on this flop. It does not matter in tournament poker that the pot odds are so great when you are most likely beat.

The flop you were looking for was 443 or 334 or the str8t flush.

illegit
11-09-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It does not matter in tournament poker that the pot odds are so great when you are most likely beat AND likely don't have any outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

If he was 'most likely beat' against one player who had TPTK he should still play for all his chips here. In this situation I'd have no idea what card i was hoping for. A pair and a flush draw is a big hand heads up and sometimes 3-way, but with this much action it's an insta-fold.

ZootMurph
11-09-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably should have folded the flop when everyone called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you both here. I really don't know what I was thinking. Mostly I made this post because of the unusual circumstances (4 flush draws on the flop hitting).

Skjonne
11-09-2005, 01:25 PM
5th place to the nut straight!

Awesome

11-09-2005, 01:33 PM
I fold this after the flop, not a good hand at all. As far as having seen anything like this, I have seen 3 players hitting the flush, but not 4.

11-09-2005, 01:35 PM
my imaginary friend Benny says he has seen all 9(or 10) players hitting the flush before.

11-09-2005, 01:38 PM
What, the board came a flush? I think everyone's seen that.

11-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Easy fold on flop....And yes you can lay down a 4high flush draw with everyone staying in, I don't care what the pot odds are.

11-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Raise pf. Then bet the flop. Most times you'll take the pot.

11-09-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first level of a Party $5 MTT? You have 0 chance.

jcm4ccc
11-09-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I probably should have folded the flop when everyone called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you both here. I really don't know what I was thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you were thinking: "I'm bored and a little worn out on the daily 5/10 grind, so I join in a 5+1 MTT on Party, just for the fun of it. "

Sometimes I can play pretty loose when I play a tournament that I don't care much about. It can be fun to play like a fish. No harm with that, I don't think.

11-09-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first level of a Party $5 MTT? You have 0 chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, true