PDA

View Full Version : OT: STTF NYC Get-Together Venue! (PM me if interested)

durron597
11-09-2005, 11:07 AM
First, if you are interested in attending, please PM me! It will be on either Dec 2 or Dec 3. Also indicate if you are willing to pay a cover. See below.

Alright, the responses in the poll basically suggest that the weekend is good. However, there are a few complications.

It seems like a lot of people want there to be Poker. The problem is a place for it. I don't know anyone who has a really big house with several tables. We could rent a room, but that costs money. Which means we would need to charge a cover.

Also most of the respondents want alcohol, which also puts constraints on choice of venue.

The other option is alcohol & no poker (i.e. bar hopping). This would both have no cover and no poker, but also leave it basically impossible for people under 21 to attend.

If anyone has a good idea for a venue, please reply to this thread.

If you don't see your name on this list, you haven't PMed me yet.

Interested so far:
Any:
durron597
Hornacek
adanthar
citanul
coolguy67
ilya
pokerlaw

Alcohol only:
sofere
pooh74

Poker only:
SonnyJay
Exitonly
burningyen

nyc999
11-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Bar hopping might be your best bet. I have a friend trying to organize a Xmas party that weekend, and said many rooms/bars in NYC have already been booked for other Xmas parties.

Hornacek
11-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Personally, my .02:

We should just go bar hopping, it's too hard to find a place to play poker in the city.

If people are still interested in poker, I'm totally down for an AC or Foxwoods trip. This could involve plenty of drinking for those interested, and people could sit at similar tables based on personal preference and bankroll limitations.

Any thoughts, comments, criticisms?

pooh74
11-09-2005, 11:50 AM
I really think bar hopping (or no hopping as I am lazy) is best...its more likely to come together this way, and will better for socializing. If you want to ensure that there will be no one of the opposite sex around, then a room for poker is fine... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

As for guys like exitonly who is only 20, anyone got a brother who is not driving that weekend? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

durron597
11-09-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really think bar hopping (or no hopping as I am lazy) is best...its more likely to come together this way, and will better for socializing. If you want to ensure that there will be no one of the opposite sex around, then a room for poker is fine... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

As for guys like exitonly who is only 20, anyone got a brother who is not driving that weekend? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny that all the actual replies don't want to do poker, yet a ton of ppl voting voted for poker.

pooh74
11-09-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny that all the actual replies don't want to do poker, yet a ton of ppl voting voted for poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the activity poll had way more votes than the attendance poll...the fix is on..

Hornacek
11-09-2005, 12:52 PM
omg STTF NYC is rigged! omgstopnow

pooh74
11-09-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kidding...

Anyway, just ask people to PM you durron and have them say what they feel like doing. polls suck (although easier I know)

durron597
11-09-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kidding...

Anyway, just ask people to PM you durron and have them say what they feel like doing. polls suck (although easier I know)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only received 2 PMs so far, and none of them were from you, pooh.

EVERYONE interested in coming should PM me, whether I know you're coming or not.

Exitonly
11-09-2005, 05:11 PM
just like to say, i'd be fine doing things other than poker, just, bar-hopping i can't do.

durron597
11-09-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just like to say, i'd be fine doing things other than poker, just, bar-hopping i can't do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless we pick a place that's 18 to get in, 21 to drink.

coolhand67
11-11-2005, 01:34 AM
it's nyc...get a fake already!

citanul
11-11-2005, 02:03 AM
I'm in (duh).

In Long Beach, paying for internet by the second, can't write more.

c

Jason Strasser
11-11-2005, 02:18 AM
Two weeks later and i'll be down.

-Jason

lastsamurai
11-11-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's nyc...get a fake already!

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you really need a fake id in NYC?

durron597
11-11-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Two weeks later and i'll be down.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this is that citanul will be gone by then, kinda sucks that you are passing in the night....

durron597
11-11-2005, 07:47 PM
The problem with poker, guys, is we need a place. I would offer but I'm way out on Long Island so it makes basically zero sense.

ilya
11-11-2005, 08:31 PM
I'll be there. I am up for anything, basically. I'll snoop around & see if I can't come up with some fun suggestions.

We could have some poker at my place MAYBE but though my roommate has a lot of nice chips, we have no poker table, and there is only room for maybe 15 people. OTOH, I live in a part of Brooklyn that's easy to get to & quite close to Manhattan (Carroll Gardens). Another plus, obviously, is that underage cats could drink @ my place.

skipperbob
11-12-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another plus, obviously, is that underage cats could drink @ my place.

[/ QUOTE ]

The unspoken "minus" being that you have to hangout w/Ilya; he's a terrorist - uknow /images/graemlins/tongue.gif